• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

Around the League 2019-2024 Edition

Will the Hockey God's have a chuckle tonight by pulling the rug out from under Cory Perry one more time?

God, I hope so. I work in an entire office filled with people who all seem to subscribe to that “derka durrr, gotta cheer for da Canadian teams!!” horseshit and have been trying to convince me to join in.

I’m even getting the same shit now from a couple of close friends & supposed die-hard Leaf fans.

Really want to see all these people roll their ankles leaping off the Oilers bandwagon as it crashes & burns tonight.

I'm torn to tell you the truth. Panthers are like my pet team when the Habs are out for obvious reasons but what Edmonton is pulling off here is pretty historic. Really don't know which way to go.

McDavid has just been so historically ridiculous, I want to see him do it. Cup Finals game 7 is the stage to witness something special for one of the best players of all time.

Panthers are a bunch of fucks anyway, so its not like them winning is good. Oh Maurice and Okposo finally get their cups... great.

Can we get your username changed to “oilman101”?

God, I hope so. I work in an entire office filled with people who all seem to subscribe to that “derka durrr, gotta cheer for da Canadian teams!!” horseshit and have been trying to convince me to join in.

I’m even getting the same shit now from a couple of close friends & supposed die-hard Leaf fans.

Really want to see all these people roll their ankles leaping off the Oilers bandwagon as it crashes & burns tonight.
even worse, I work with actual fucking Oiler fans.

and a whole bunch of the "go Canada derp" crowd.

even worse, I work with actual fucking Oiler fans.

and a whole bunch of the "go Canada derp" crowd.

I’d honestly be far less annoyed by real, honest-to-goodness Oilers fans cheering for their actual team than I am by all the casual hockey fans and supposed Leaf fans that are convinced Canadians have some obligation to cheer for the Oilers.

I’d honestly be far less annoyed by real, honest-to-goodness Oilers fans cheering for their actual team than I am by all the casual hockey fans and supposed Leaf fans that are convinced Canadians have some obligation to cheer for the Oilers.
I mean I'd classify at least one of them as a casual fan (born in NB, moved to Alta for work, started casually cheering for Oilers).

the other one is a legit Albertan, grew up on a farm.

but fair point. what they all have in common is giving me shit cause I'm a Leafs fan. this includes our office Hab fans too

I've been mocking the leaf fans that are busting out Oilers jerseys. Some respect for oiler fans that cheered through the decade of darkness,but bandwagon fans... No thanks.

Would be happy for my wife if the Oilers win. Also the tears of Canuck fans will be funny.

You don't have to cheer but it you are hockey fan more than a Leafs fan you should respect it. At minimum a hat tip.

I do kind of want the monkey off the back of the Canadian team drought, and sure as hell don't want Toronto to be the team to break the streak. So it definitely wouldn't be the worst.

Back