• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

Around the League 2019-2024 Edition

The picks always matter. The picks are future player value.

You got the pick by giving up player value now (Lehkonen I'm going to guess....good player).

Either trade the picks for player value now, or for the appropriate amount of future player value.
Nope. They have a ton of picks to move. No problem with them moving up in this scenario. None

that's all well and good but it doesn't really make any sense to be shedding assets to move up in the draft unless you know the guy(s) you want are available, which they obviously do not at present
Further to this is other teams are doing it so you have to take your shot before the pick is gone elsewhere.

Big no to Kadri. We're one year away from our overpriced and fading 2C from being a memory...why should we take on another diminishing asset (he's 33, turning 34 in October with 5 years remaining) and extend that pain? Even at $3.5M, he'll be a 3rd/4th liner in a couple of years.

Big no to Kadri. We're one year away from our overpriced and fading 2C from being a memory...why should we take on another diminishing asset (he's 33, turning 34 in October with 5 years remaining) and extend that pain? Even at $3.5M, he'll be a 3rd/4th liner in a couple of years.

and the cap will be 110 million, making all 3/4 C's worth 3.5 million.

But yeah, you don't trade for Kadri without significant retention obviously.

You’re under no obligation to immediately sign all your draft picks…this is a silly reason to preemptively dump picks
Because you know how to build a winner? Higher picks were getting snatched up. Still have no issue with it. They don't think there's quality later on per Hughes interview

I showed my work, and you "nuh uh'd" because you guys have lots of pick.

Pissing away picks and not getting value for them is the easiest way to look back and say "'member when we had lots of picks and didn't draft fuck all with them?"
You claim they don't get value for them without knowing the end result. Interesting.

Back