• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

Around the League 2019-2024 Edition

You have no clue though about weither it's a mistake or not

I know the kid has put up legend level numbers in the KHL for his age, better than every Russian star currently in the NHL, including Ovechkin:

Draft Season
Michkov: .33gpg, .74ppg
Ovechkin: .25gpg, .45ppg

Draft + 1
Michkov: .40gpg, .87ppg
Ovechkin: .35gpg, .70ppg

Passing on someone who out produces Ovechkin as a 17 and 18 yr old is a mistake, full fucking stop.

Michkov is a weak floater, not the guy you win with in the playoffs, though I understand you wouldnt get that.

The two best forwards in the history of the game were floaters and one of them was built like teenage dutch girl.

All of your bitching and moaning is pure cope.

Nuge - McDavid - Hyman
Holloway (RFA) - Leon - Arvidsson
Skinner - Henrique - Janmark
Perry - Mcloud- Brown

Maybe swap skinner/Holloway depending.

But that’s without Kane as I’m guessing he is on the way out the door.

Bouchard - Ekholm
Nurse - Broberg (RFA)
Ceci - Kulak

I know the kid has put up legend level numbers in the KHL for his age, better than every Russian star currently in the NHL, including Ovechkin:

Draft Season

Draft + 1

Passing on someone who out produces Ovechkin as a 17 and 18 yr old is a mistake, full fucking stop.

The two best forwards in the history of the game were floaters and one of them was built like teenage dutch girl.

I agree it was a mistake passing on Michkov at the time. Only time will tell if it’s a long term mistake or not

so Oilers are now $2.5m over the cap with 1 extra forward and 1 extra dman, and haven't re-signed their RFA Holloway and Broberg.

the guys with the most waivable salaries are guys they just re-signed - Perry, Brown, Janmark, Brown. I don't think they'll waive them.

I guess they could try and dump McLeod, go with a minimum roster all year, and try to sign Holloway and Broberg for less than the max waivable amount, for the least painful way to fit. But that's real tight.

Dumping Kane would probably the way to go to give themselves actual room to breathe. Kane isn't great but he would be a bit of a loss.

I agree it was a mistake passing on Michkov at the time. Only time will tell if it’s a long term mistake or not

Nah.

If you had Michkov in your system right now, you would be able to use him to headline a trade for any player in the league who was available if you were of the mind, for any reason, that he wasn't who you wanted to build around. These guys don't go from worth nothing to something as soon as they arrive in the league as whatever they are.

You could offer Philly 5 Reinbacher's right now and get told to piss up a rope. You could offer Reinbacher + Demidov and they'd hang up on you. If Matvei Michkov was Matthew Mitchell TSN would have spent the entire run up to the draft debating on who should go 1-2 between him and Bedard. Both are franchise level prospects imo.

Draft Season

Draft + 1

Coping? It's amazing that you think we still give a shit about Michkov. Wrong tree mate, piss elsewhere.

Coping? It's amazing that you think we still give a shit about Michkov. Wrong tree mate, piss elsewhere.

Weird that rando habs fans are jumping out of the bush responding to posts about him then...

I mean, I'm responding to a guy quoting a post from days ago on the subject FFS. Maybe your fanbase is a bit more sensitive about it than you're willing to let on?

Weird that rando habs fans are jumping out of the bush responding to posts about him then...

I mean, I'm responding to a guy quoting a post from days ago on the subject FFS. Maybe your fanbase is a bit more sensitive about it than you're willing to let on?
Let me rephrase then. I don't give a shit about Michkov. Truly. I understand why they, and 4 other teams passed.

We just witnessed pure skill dominate the playoffs. What are you on about?
What?

Draft Season

Draft + 1

K grandpa, a lot has changed since the 80s. Why do you want us to be bitches like the Leafs so badly? That looks like coping to me.

Back