• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

Around the League 2019-2024 Edition

Nah. Teams are not going to start running around inflating salaries with offer sheets that obviously would fail. If the Canes were tight to the cap then sure.

Jarvis' next contract is pretty easy to figure out. It's 8 years $60-64 million. Leaving cap room for that contract was a big reason why the Canes let so many UFAs walk. They are also setting up to have a boatload of cap space going into 25-26 that I expect them to weaponize.

Reactions: CH1
Martinhook was on Edmonton radio and basically said Tom the owner (canes) mostly runs things.

We know he does stuff from time to time but this came across as day to day involvement.

plus, if we're lucky, the Canes will take one of our mediocre RFAs off our hands in exchange with an absurd, spite borne, offer sheet!

Pretty wild that they’re going to be paying the rough equivalent of Pierre Engvall just shy of $5M per season until 2030, purely out of their owner’s failed attempt to spite the Habs.

Canes don't really have space tho - all that is eaten up by Jarvis/Necas/Drury. And even that'll be tight.

Which i guess is why there's the rumours of necas being traded.....but you'd think that would've happened already.

Nah. Teams are not going to start running around inflating salaries with offer sheets that obviously would fail. If the Canes were tight to the cap then sure.

Jarvis' next contract is pretty easy to figure out. It's 8 years $60-64 million. Leaving cap room for that contract was a big reason why the Canes let so many UFAs walk. They are also setting up to have a boatload of cap space going into 25-26 that I expect them to weaponize.
And? Jarvis was an example. Dundon could weaponize all he wants, so could other owners, the point is constant attack. It's what goes on in MLB. The bean counters like the Tulsky's of the world would have to adjust to a new dynamic.

Canes don't really have space tho - all that is eaten up by Jarvis/Necas/Drury. And even that'll be tight.

Which i guess is why there's the rumours of necas being traded.....but you'd think that would've happened already.
Ask is way too high for Necas. He's not special, plenty produce like he does. Just don't go on the Carolina board mentioning any sort of truth like that.

St Albert for sure.

giphy.gif

That being said it seems that the panthers are pretty much capped out at this point. Though with their now pretty weak depth i'm sure they'll be picking up a ~$1m guy or three still.

Matthews/Marner/Nylander/Tavares vs Barkov/Tkachuk/Reinhart/Verhaeghe
Domi/Knies/Robertson/McMann vs Bennett/Lundell/Rodrigues/Luostarinen
Holmberg/Jarnkrok/Dewar/Kampf/Reaves vs Boqvist/Nosek/Greer/Gadjovich/Entwistle

Rielly/Tanev vs Forsling/Ekblad
McCabe/OEL vs Schmidt/Mikkola
Liljegren/Benoit/Hakanpaa vs Kulikov/Balinskis/Bjornfot

Woll/Stolarz vs Bobrovsky/Knight

Back