• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

Around the League 2019-2024 Edition

On the plus side, based on what Tre said, it sounds like he doesn't really rely on his coaches much at least in offseason signings. They asked him if Berube had any input and he basically brushed it off and said it's mostly r&d (nerds!!!) and pro scouts that make the decisions on who to target. But he did speak to him to ask if he had any experience with some of the guys he's interested in. That was the extent of it tho.

I liked that. But I feel like the deadline is when he's gonna rely on his coach a bit more and nerds a bit less. Hope not but it felt like that's what happened this year.

On the plus side, based on what Tre said, it sounds like he doesn't really rely on his coaches much at least in offseason signings. They asked him if Berube had any input and he basically brushed it off and said it's mostly r&d (nerds!!!) and pro scouts that make the decisions on who to target. But he did speak to him to ask if he had any experience with some of the guys he's interested in. That was the extent of it tho.

I liked that. But I feel like the deadline is when he's gonna rely on his coach a bit more and nerds a bit less. Hope not but it felt like that's what happened this year.
ehhhh explain Kampf then.

ducks have smartly gone back to a refreshed version of their old logo. this rebrand was just as disastrous as the jays' rebrand.

Anaheim-Ducks-logo-2016-17-575x324.gif

AnaheimDucks_ShareImage.jpg

Nah, that duck goalie mask hits.

The logo above could belong to a sports team or a particularly aggressive insurance company local to the Anaheim area. No character. Just corporate graphic design with more colour added because edgy.

Reactions: CH1
Interesting or shit?

Is it that bad? I know I'm in the minority here regarding Talbot, but dude was .913 in 54 starts last year and has been legit good in 4 of the last 5 seasons (lol Sens). Lyon looks like a perfectly functional ~.905 or better type backup. Jack is still Jack but he did find his game and put up a .918 in the AHL. Cossa is 6'6, a year younger than Hildeby and had an identical performance.

Husso is booty though, yes. But just a Talbot-Lyon tandem lookys pretty likely to give them ~.910

they all have some level of intrigue but are also question marks. I like Husso but he's probably a backup, Cossa a great prospect but still likely a couple of years away. Talbot could be good but getting really old, Lyon could just be a flash in the pan. And who the fuck knows whether they'll get Happy or Sad Jack.

Back