• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

Around the League 2019-2024 Edition

eh I'm not really worried about Knies "exploding". this doesn't look like a player who will score more than in the 20-25 range...the hands and shot simply don't appear to be there.

I know, Hyman...but a situation like that is 1 in a million. sometimes you make the right decision and it blows up in your face. nobody knew he would score 50 goals including the Oilers and if they were to tell you otherwise they're lying.

I think solid middle 6 winger with size and jam is what we've got. good draft pick by the Leafs, for a change.

In the leafs current situation, the only time I'd go long on a player is if the underlyings support an excess likelihood of breaking out/outperforming any potential long-term contract that may be on the table. If that were the case then I'd say it's possibly worth the shortterm pain of paying the man.

Love Knies. Think he's great and will be a key piece. But not sure I see a great case in paying him long-term there. Keep his cost as low as possible for as long as possible, and if he suddenly breaks out into an actual stud, deal with it later.

I’m not really worried about a Knies contract either.

And I agree that there are some players you do this for and some you can let play out.

Hyman is another good example though. They signed him to a short-mid term deal, got a bunch of great value and still could have signed him for 8 x $5 as a UFA coming off of back to back 30 goal 60 point years.

IMO it comes down to a bet on this year. If you think he is going to have a 30 goal 60+ point year this year then he’d jump up into the $7-8 mill range on a long term deal, like Willy coming off of his ELC.

Anything less and I’m not sure how much extra money he’d earn on a long term deal.

That’d be when he was with… Kampf right? I dunno, seems important.
With Tavares: 133 min: 37.9% xG
With Kampf: 128 min: 31.95% xG

All 3 guys who were full time centres last year had better to insanely much better xG without Knies on their line.

Our part time centres didn't do any better with him really

With Domi: 132 min: 34.19% xG
With Holmberg: 91 min: 41.66% xG

Yeah...maybe we should see who and what he is when not mitten strung to one of the top 3 centres in the known universe before we pay him.

Ok, but name the shitty player he played with besides the superstar? The useless Kampf?

He sucked with literally every centre on the Leafs not named Auston Matthews. Every centre was somewhere between better to insanely better whenever Knies wasn't on their line.

I fail to see your argument here. Crouse plays the super heavy minutes for Arizona with Bjugstad. Not the offensive skewed minutes with Auston Matthews....and does it while producing more and putting up good nerdies.
Crouse's #'s aren't that good given the love. Our own OEL was never the stud we heard he was in Arizona.

1722448263759.png

oof-damn.gif

c'mon man.

Back