• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

Around The League - 2023-24 Regular Season

Tampa scouting, but especially development program is top notch. They really know how to properly develop prospects (see their story on Point as exhibit A), something we haven't figured out since we fired Serge.

goalies I understand.
Markov was ages ago, and he was a forward playing in Russia
Streit was playing in Zurich and was 26 when we drafted him

Don't get me wrong, those are all great picks....but we seem to miss too many guys playing in the Q.

Those Quebec scouts that work for the Bolts are eating our lunch: Kucherov (2nd round) Gourde (undrafted) Palat (7h). Then again, all their scouts have been on fire in recent years.
Don’t forget Stevie Y also traded for Marchessault from CBJ before letting him walk.

Tampa scouting, but especially development program is top notch. They really know how to properly develop prospects (see their story on Point as exhibit A), something we haven't figured out since we fired Serge.
The same Serge that told Molson to hire Bergy

$12m in goalies. It’s cute when they try to copy the Habs and fall just short.

$12m in goalies. It’s cute when they try to copy the Habs and fall just short.

I can see Ottawa taking Fleury off their hands for a first

They are 20 mil below the floor and a solid stop gap and veteran presence

Jack Johnson had one of the worst contracts that was given out to a d-man since probably Karl Alzner.

Yeah, but I didn't want to go back that far.

Another in recent memory, unfortunately, is the Erik Karlsson contract. It looked like it wasn't aging well before the contract even started.

Yeah, but I didn't want to go back that far.

Another in recent memory, unfortunately, is the Erik Karlsson contract. It looked like it wasn't aging well before the contract even started.

forgot that albatross

Back