• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

Around The League - 2023-24 Regular Season

Ottawa trades Logan Brown & a conditional 4th* to St. Louis for Zach Stanford (*If Brown plays 30 or more games for St. Louis, Ottawa keeps their pick)

I remember Logan Brown being the guy nobody wanted the Habs to draft in 2016. Personally i wanted Jost but for once we made the right pick. Of course we had to still screw it up later.

Ottawa trades Logan Brown & a conditional 4th* to St. Louis for Zach Stanford (*If Brown plays 30 or more games for St. Louis, Ottawa keeps their pick)

They will dumping more undeveloped youth , Ottawa has too many kids in the system

The thing that always bothers me with drafting big dudes is that at 18 years old, they're all projects.

It's very rare that you have a 17-18 year old that is 6'5" or bigger and you're pretty sure about the player you're getting. There are too many unknowns and you're just taking a wild guess.

Look at Detroit taking Michael Rasmussen a couple of years ago. Completely baffling. Other than being 6'06", there was no reason to have been taken in the first round.

Aside for goalie, it's even a pretty poor predictor or success in the NHL. The number of dominant or elite 6'4 or bigger players is extremely low. Especially for forwards.

Yet NHL teams just cant help themselves: always looking for the next Lemieux, Lindros or Thornton! They see that size and potential and just can't say no!

Yet NHL teams just cant help themselves: always looking for the next Lemieux, Lindros or Thornton! They see that size and potential and just can't say no!
Those 3 were 1st overall picks. If you have size, skills and can skate, that's another story. If all you have is size and then hope that the skills will follow, it's a fool errand.

Those 3 were 1st overall picks. If you have size, skills and can skate, that's another story. If all you have is size and then hope that the skills will follow, it's a fool errand.
Very true, but it still does not stop NHL teams from trying to strike gold...they just cant resist the temptation

Yeah, if you're big, skilled and can skate? You're a top-5 pick.

If you're just big, but you show promise? You just might be a first round pick. I always get the feeling that this wouldn't happen nearly as much if the draft was for 19 year olds instead.

While he was a reach in 2019, he looks like a superb prospects now. And he's not a giant, around Kaiden Guhle's size.

If he played in the CHL he would be ranked higher than the bottom third of their first round

Total package with size and mobility

So the Oilers wasted a bunch of cash on a 38 year old Duncan Keith because "leadership" only to find out that he had to be dragged, kicking and screaming, to be vaccinated. The Province of Alberta's health infrastructure is about to crumble under the weight of the idiot unvaxxed and Keith is whining because he had to get jabbed. Is that the leadership the Oilers were looking for? Jesus, read the damn room, Dunc.

Back