• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

Around The League - 2023-24 Regular Season

If the NHL can look the other way enough to participate in an Olympics being held in China they will certainly be able to ignore this too. The only way that this ever becomes a thing is if a non-hockey, non-sports journalist takes an interest and decides to make it a thing. Remember that it wasn't Red Fisher, Jim Taylor, Stan Fischler or Trent Frayne who brought down Alan Eagleson, it was some nobody from a small town Massachusetts newspaper named Russ Conway. Nobody inside the hockey establishment, including the media, wanted anything to do with the story, and I say "wanted" because not exposing Eagleson was a choice they made. They knew damn well what he was doing, they simply chose to look the other way. No reporter who covered the league during Eagleson's heyday could possibly not know unless they were a complete moron. But to do such a thing would cause them to have their access cut off so they pretended not to notice then pretended to be shocked when Conway's series of articles exposed the whole rotten business.

Matthew Tkaczuk said the other day Brady has learned how to do things "the Tkaczuk way".

Something to be proud of, is it? A little "too big for his boots" comment for my liking. And I'm usually a player's guy.

I don't ever have an issue with players holding out to get paid.

The owners will cut bait with them as soon as they can if the player isn't performing.

Plus, please Ottawa, do pay Tkachuk $8M+. That isn't a bloated or exaggerated salary at all!

I don't ever have an issue with players holding out to get paid.

The owners will cut bait with them as soon as they can if the player isn't performing.

Plus, please Ottawa, do pay Tkachuk $8M+. That isn't a bloated or exaggerated salary at all!
Per reports that’s what Sens are offering, but on a long term deal, Dreger & Firedman both said this morning Tkachuk will not sign any contract over 3-years, which takes him to his UFA season.

Brady is focused on bolting to the US...

Per reports that’s what Sens are offering, but on a long term deal, Dreger & Firedman both said this morning Tkachuk will not sign any contract over 3-years, which takes him to his UFA season.

WTF is this neanderthal and his camp looking for ...this is fuken ridiculous

Batherson signed for 4.9 mil and he might be the better player

Svech inks 7.75 x 8 in Carolina and he might be a top 5-7 winger for the next decade, a legit front line star

This goof isnt worth a dime more than 6 x 6

Punt his ass out of town , he is not a cornerstone player and character means shit

Couldn`t care less about the optics , he is a younger Gallagher but only bigger

Possibly, but I'm not sure it's necessarily that.

Agents have caught on about the shrewd GMs who gave out the long-term, not overly expensive second deals when a lot of GMs wanted to give bridge deals. See Nathan MacKinnon as one of the last examples of that.

The roles have reversed. Now the very same agents that wanted long term deals are looking at shorter deals at top dollars, see Auston Matthews as an example, before getting around the age for a third contract that will include both term & money.

I think Tkachuk is banking on still being one of the top power forwards in the league three years from now (if he does indeed get a 3 year contract) before getting his 7 or 8 year deal.

Keep in mind Brady’s old man made lots of $ during his career. Brady is also living a very comfortable life at home presently, the pressure is all on the Sens...

1633563084469.gif

Possibly, but I'm not sure it's necessarily that.

Agents have caught on about the shrewd GMs who gave out the long-term, not overly expensive second deals when a lot of GMs wanted to give bridge deals. See Nathan MacKinnon as one of the last examples of that.

The roles have reversed. Now the very same agents that wanted long term deals are looking at shorter deals at top dollars, see Auston Matthews as an example, before getting around the age for a third contract that will include both term & money.

I think Tkachuk is banking on still being one of the top power forwards in the league three years from now (if he does indeed get a 3 year contract) before getting his 7 or 8 year deal.

Players like Nate an Scheifele took financial security ahead of proving themselves

They were borderline busts before they inked solid deals

It still comes down to the value of the player and what deal is warranted

Shorter term deals doesnt take them to arbitration and are still RFA`s

Agents now want that third 3 year higher than the AAV as a starting point for the next round of talks

Players like Nate an Scheifele took financial security ahead of proving themselves

They were borderline busts before they inked solid deals

It still comes down to the value of the player and what deal is warranted

Shorter term deals doesnt take them to arbitration and are still RFA`s

Agents now want that third 3 year higher than the AAV as a starting point for the next round of talks
Nate a borderline bust…..come on now

Barkov signed an 8 year, $80M contract extension. Over $70M of it will be in signing bonuses.

Friggin' welfare team that can't fill its own arena but can afford to hand out $80 million contracts.

Back