• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

Around The League - 2023-24 Regular Season

Jeff Skinner's going to be a healthy scratch again.

Fuck me. Sometimes I think we shit the bed by wasting Price/Subban/MaxPac/Markov's primes here by doing next to nothing to really surround them with proper players, but then I look at Buffalo. They're really going to waste the primes of both Eichel & Dahlin, two players that have a very good chance of making the HHOF, because they couldn't draft, repeatedly made bad deals and gave out bad contracts to compensate.

Unbelievable. Absolutely unbelievable.

Jeff Skinner's going to be a healthy scratch again.

**** me. Sometimes I think we shit the bed by wasting Price/Subban/MaxPac/Markov's primes here by doing next to nothing to really surround them with proper players, but then I look at Buffalo. They're really going to waste the primes of both Eichel & Dahlin, two players that have a very good chance of making the HHOF, because they couldn't draft, repeatedly made bad deals and gave out bad contracts to compensate.

Unbelievable. Absolutely unbelievable.

Thats what happens with clown ownership

Thats what happens with clown ownership
He’s a terrific owner just look at the Bills turnaround. NFL players have no rights, it’s easier on non high demand markets to compete.

If your market is a place of last resort chances are you can’t build a successful team even around an elite talent.

Another 4 pts night for Patrick Kane.

Now that's a real MVP, just give the man the Hart trophy already !

He’s a terrific owner just look at the Bills turnaround. NFL players have no rights, it’s easier on non high demand markets to compete.

If your market is a place of last resort chances are you can’t build a successful team even around an elite talent.

He is a goof who handed the keys to the wrong regime in hockey

No sane owner let’s a GM hand out that Skinner contract , he wants to win now

Never put in the proper structure to rebuild

As mentioned before Bills turned around as soon the right coach and decision makers came along

If you kept Whaley , the futility would of lasted another decade

NFL players have some rights , Wentz and possibly Watson got their wish

You don’t think Dak has Jones by the nuts right now

Buffalo is a terrific market with dedicated fans , they need right leadership making hockey decisions

It's the same ownership for the Bills & Sabres, I just think the GMs they hired for the Sabres (Tim Murray & Jason Botterill) both sold them a very bad bill of goods.

The Bills play on a level playing field, no guaranteed contracts in NFL & top players have no issue being in Green Bay or Buffalo - it matters a lot.

The Bills play on a level playing field, no guaranteed contracts in NFL & top players have no issue being in Green Bay or Buffalo - it matters a lot.

Level playing field in hockey ...no cap to hire top coach/GM/scouts ...etc

Free agency is a shit show of overpaid vets where most contracts are disasters in short order

Look at their draft record minus the gifts of Jack and Dahlin since 2010 ..and they have been in the lottery ever since .

Does that success look similar to another team ?

Hockey is the toughest team building job of all the big 4 sports , shit teams look no further than draft/development issues .

Level playing field in hockey ...no cap to hire top coach/GM/scouts ...etc

Free agency is a shit show of overpaid vets where most contracts are disasters in short order

Look at their draft record minus the gifts of Jack and Dahlin since 2010 ..and they have been in the lottery ever since .

Does that success look similar to another team ?

Hockey is the toughest team building job of all the big 4 sports , shit teams look no further than draft/development issues .
Drafting 18 year olds is a pure crap shoot except for obvious generational talents as top-2 overall - which is why not one org has consistently dominated at draft table for 5+ years. Teams that are successful are able to augment drafting w significant player acquisition via trades & UFA which involves players willing to play for that given marketplace

Drafting 18 year olds is a pure crap shoot except for obvious generational talents as top-2 overall - which is why not one org has consistently dominated at draft table for 5+ years. Teams that are successful are able to augment drafting w significant player acquisition via trades & UFA which involves players willing to play for that given marketplace

You don't expect all teams to be Anaheim , Peg, Sharks , Hawks or TB that draft well over a given period

Just be average , they pissed away a decade of drafts like us and they are always in the lottery

Where is their DaBrincat , Cirelli, Point , Rackell , Vatanen , etc...

They traded for ROR ….how did they fuk that one up later on ? how is their return on their trade doing

UFA …. how many difference makers were available in the last decade ? How many made sense for a lower tier shit team to even pursue ? Its typically the time of year where most of your mistakes are made

Okposo , Skinner , etc..... those are bad signings

So you combine shit drafting and development plus bad trades , what is the UFA market going to do for them ?

No excuses Sal to be crap for a decade with a piss poor base to move forward with

You don't expect all teams to be Anaheim , Peg, Sharks , Hawks or TB that draft well over a given period

Just be average , they pissed away a decade of drafts like us and they are always in the lottery

Where is their DaBrincat , Cirelli, Point , Rackell , Vatanen , etc...

They traded for ROR ….how did they fuk that one up later on ? how is their return on their trade doing

UFA …. how many difference makers were available in the last decade ? How many made sense for a lower tier shit team to even pursue ? Its typically the time of year where most of your mistakes are made

Okposo , Skinner , etc..... those are bad signings

So you combine shit drafting and development plus bad trades , what is the UFA market going to do for them ?

No excuses Sal to be crap for a decade with a piss poor base to move forward with
JT, Panarin and the floodgates are about to open as more and more young players become UFA. Also it’s about signing “key” UFAs, would Chiarot not have helped Buf or Edm, how about trading for Allen?

Habs will be just fine, I see a lot of similarities between Leafs bringing on Keefe & Dom Dom being named head coach.

JT, Panarin and the floodgates are about to open as more and more young players become UFA. Also it’s about signing “key” UFAs, would Chiarot not have helped Buf or Edm, how about trading for Allen?

Habs will be just fine, I see a lot of similarities between Leafs bringing on Keefe & Dom Dom being named head coach.

Leafs won a g damn lottery as Burke would say

They nailed it with Marner , Nylander , Reilly

They properly developed Holl, and made key trades for Anderson , Hyman etc ….

The flood gates may open up one day but without a base /framework in place most of the these signings will be futile

Seriously WTF is Chariot going to do in Buffalo with that sad sack of trash to work with

Calgary had a chance at an empty net goal and fuck it up, Toronto takes the game.

Execution is important

Back