• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

Around The League - 2023-24 Regular Season

now, PLD can see his mama this year

That's an overpayment for Dubois but it did get rid of headaches for the Jets. Winnipeg has a harder time drawing ufa than Montreal does so I understand why they did this. Now we get to see Dubois 9 times. After he completes quarantine that is.

lose -lose trade . both players will hate their new home. dubois will leave in 2 years.
I think Laine extends in CBJ - it was reported a couple of years back he wanted out of the CDN limelight.

irony of it all - the limelight challenge:
Laine wanted out - PLD wanted it

I did not want to trade CC but the Jets will be tough down the middle with Scheiffle and PLD. As long as KK progresses we’ll be fine there too.
It means Bergy knows CCs value. He might get called up this year in which case we have good scoring. I would target a top end dman instead. Our d has been a bit shaky and Weber is looking slow.

So what's the Habs equivalent to this deal? Is there even one for that matter? Suzuki and Caufield? I don't even think that's equal, Laine is rated better than both, for now. Roslovic I don't know much about.

So what's the Habs equivalent to this deal? Is there even one for that matter? Suzuki and Caufield? I don't even think that's equal, Laine is rated better than both, for now. Roslovic I don't know much about.
Habs have no Laine.

Roslovic extended for 2-years. I suspect he’ll develop well under Torts into a 2C/3C - good skater w skill

It means Bergy knows CCs value. He might get called up this year in which case we have good scoring. I would target a top end dman instead. Our d has been a bit shaky and Weber is looking slow.
I think CC is slated to replace Tatar.

I gotta be honest though, I'm going to miss Tatar when he moves on. Tuna is a great Hab, does his job and never any controversy. Thanks Vegas!

Not many teams have a Laine. That’s what trading him surprising . . . even though he wanted out.
This is definitely a cut and run situation for the Jets. A good enough player became available and they got rid of their headaches.

Suzuki has more value than Laine.

Back