• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

Around The League - 2023-24 Regular Season

PLD, a player that I think is inferior to Suzuki, has more value than Laine.

The whole it's PLD for Suzuki+ was always utterly laughable to me.
Especially considering Laine will earn probably 6 or 7 times Suzuki’s salary next year

I don't see them not making the playoffs now

Toronto
Montreal
Winnipeg
Calgary

Are the likely playoff teams
Their D is very weak unless Pionk or Heinola step it up as big time minute eaters.

For all the complaints about Laine...the dude scored 140G over last 4-seasons...Jets will miss that scoring & teams will zero in on Connors.

So what's the Habs equivalent to this deal? Is there even one for that matter? Suzuki and Caufield? I don't even think that's equal, Laine is rated better than both, for now. Roslovic I don't know much about.

There is no equal , good thing or Nero would feel the heat even more

I don't know how Columbus got any better with that deal. They might score more goals thanks to Laine, but they got a lot easier to play against, that's for sure.

If Laine doesn't sign with Columbus he can be flipped near the trade deadline for a 1st round pick/high end prospect(s) at a minimum. Once we get closer to the deadline a whole lot contenders will have banked enough cap room to be able to add Laine in time for a late season/playoff scoring boost.

If Laine doesn't sign with Columbus he can be flipped near the trade deadline for a 1st round pick/high end prospect(s) at a minimum. Once we get closer to the deadline a whole lot contenders will have banked enough cap room to be able to add Laine in time for a late season/playoff scoring boost.
Jarmo already said they’ve started talking long term contract extension

Back