• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

Around The League - 2023-24 Regular Season

Just do what the NBA's done: Make 'em play shorthanded and/or with players from the taxi squad/AHL.

Some teams are feeling the cap crunch. I was watching the Vegas-Minny game last night on Sportsnet and the announcers were saying that Vegas was only dressing 16 skaters due to cap issues!

Vegas only dressed 10 forwards. Of the 12 forwards they had on the roster last night, Chandler Stephenson is suspended and Ryan Reaves had a lower body injury. Vegas actually doesn't have enough cap room currently to call up a taxi squader, even someone like Patrick Brown making the NHL minimum.

Vancouver probably, but they'll have to retain some salary and even then, they don't have a lot of interesting players who are pending UFAs.

Vancouver has four interesting players that could move. Edler, Pearson, Hamonic & Sutter.

Honestly, I'm not sure I'd want any of them if I had a team. Maybe Edler if he was cheaper, but meh.

Vancouver has four interesting players that could move. Edler, Pearson, Hamonic & Sutter.

Honestly, I'm not sure I'd want any of them if I had a team. Maybe Edler if he was cheaper, but meh.
Or if Van retains $ on Edler, not interested in the others

I’ve watched a few NJD games recently Kulikov looks good..very fluid. IMO he’s one of the unheralded reasons Subban has had a bounce back

Back