• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

Around The League - 2023-24 Regular Season

Lets worry about Isles in 2 weeks. They first have to beat Bolts and we have a, tough one to win as well, regardless of aves or Vegas

Lets worry about Isles in 2 weeks. They first have to beat Bolts and we have a, tough one to win as well, regardless of aves or Vegas
Not even thinking about the Isles right now . . . but if we play them in the finals there’s no way we’ll lose to them. Price will not squander his best and likely only chance to win a Cup against that team. Tampa is a different animal.

Remember that game like yesterday. When David Volek scored the series winner in OT, I knew that the Habs would win the cup!
Yep, that's exactly what I said when Volek scored. The only remaining obstacle had been cleared. None of the teams in the Campbell Conference were going to beat us, and the Pens were the only ones who might have been able to do it.

In 86 I knew we were going to win when I saw Steve Smith of the Oilers put the puck in his own net against the Flames. Again, the Oilers were the only remaining obstacle who might have knocked us off. I remember it so clearly. I was in a bar (Chicago's on Bishop Street, now McKibbon's) and the game was on and when I saw Smith's error I said out loud "We're going to win it!" even though we hadn't even started the third round against the Rangers yet.

Not even thinking about the Isles right now . . . but if we play them in the finals there’s no way we’ll lose to them. Price will not squander his best and likely only chance to win a Cup against that team. Tampa is a different animal.
If we somehow get past Vegas or Colorado and then have the dumb luck to face the Islanders instead of the Bolts in the finals and we end up losing it will be the most pathetic playoff failure since whenever Mitch Marner last played a game.

Price was stellar in the first 2 games... winning 1-0 while being outshot is not just "ok".
We probably watched the different game. But the one i watched he didn't have much to do until the last 10 min of the game and yes in last 10 min he made few key saves.
I don't call that stellar.

We probably watched the different game. But the one i watched he didn't have much to do until the last 10 min of the game and yes in last 10 min he made few key saves.
I don't call that stellar.

Peg was a shit show , 31 played well but didn't have to be elite like the Leafs series

Back