• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

Around The League - 2023-24 Regular Season

Waste of time and it blows a hole into the NHL schedule right before the playoff stretch run. And moreover, it proves nothing about which nation has the best hockey players. The Czechs can pull off an upset like they did 20 years ago but no one will ever believe that they are the legitimate best nation in the hockey world. Round robin tournaments with single game elimination medal rounds are bogus. The medals they produce are completely meaningless.

Let's just hope that no one on the Habs roster gets injured playing in this phony-baloney exhibition tournament.
Teams are on pins and needles during the Olympics

There are always injuries and a pattern that teams that send many players falter down the stretch

no it wont , they will take our 3 first rounders
Have you seen the Habs resounding 1st round success history over last 49-years?

How about the last 2 top-3 picks? Or better yet the last 4 top-10 picks, including #1 overall?

Last edited:
Have you seen the Habs resounding 1st round success history over last 49-years?

How about the last 2 top-3 picks? Or better yet the last 4 top-10 picks, including #1 overall?

CC is a fine pick , I think Guehle will pan out

BT is not worth 3 picks for a bubble team

The issue is that you have to use your own picks to do it. Are you comfortable with that? No lottery protection.

Good point , no lottery protection for the Habs is a non starter

Easy to see how it back fired for Ottawa and SJS losing top 5 picks recently

There was someone on ESPN who wrote a few years ago that the Leafs should have traded Matthews instead of re-signing him because having a $10M+ caphit would make it hard to surround him with other good players.

It's such bad takes.

McDavid will win a Cup with the Oilers before Matthews wins one with the Leafs.

(spoiler alert: McDavid is never winning the Cup with the Oilers)

Mock all you want but Spezza was their best forward in the playoffs. I thought he was even better than Nylander.

Mock all you want but Spezza was their best forward in the playoffs. I thought he was even better than Nylander.

Their support players were their best players , A grade who surpassed expectations even Campbell was solid

Back