• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

Around The League - 2023-24 Regular Season

To my knowledge he never had a problem with athletes being rich until it was Hyman. I'm giving him the benefit of the doubt by saying "borderline" as I've never seen him say anything suspicious before. He says stupid shit pretty much daily, but this is the first time it seems "personal" to him and the first time where I sense an agenda on his part. But I know nothing about his private life or his personal political beliefs.
Hyman does come from money but what I hear wasnt a spoiled brat who got everything handed to him

We worked his ass off to get to this level , overcoming one obstacle after another

5th round pick and at 24 finally made the NHL

Works hard , character player and doesnt take a night off

Great accomplishment to get to 50 goals , one of the most underrated players in the league

He either hates Jews or the hyman family
He, like many in this day and age, show their antisemitism in the form of "Free Palestine"-esque tweets, like people aren't smart enough to read between the lines.

I haven't read/watched what Dumbfuck McGee has to say. I think I'd rather get colon cancer.

Last edited:
Like, the majority of players from Canada/America who make the NHL come from (at the very least) middle to slightly upper class families. Saying otherwise is just not understanding the unfortunate reality of the sport. There was a story about Mitch Marner's dad spending insane amounts of money for personal coaching when Mitch was young.

But the notion that Hyman just got to 50 goals only because he's rich is such a laughable claim. Like it only took money for him to make the NHL, not that he worked his fucking ass off and chose to sign in the best possible spot for himself.

I had never heard of this Berkshire until now, and I regret that I now have. The whole thing is embarrassing and absurd. What cringeworthy nonsense.
He’s been an annoying, preachy advanced stats “guru” for about a decade. He’s beyond condescending. Nothing wrong with his adherence to advanced stats but his presentation and persona are nauseating.

He’s been an annoying, preachy advanced stats “guru” for about a decade. He’s beyond condescending.

For a guy who uses advanced stats he sure has a poor grasp of simple probabilities. As in, what are the chances that any given elite minor hockey player will ever get a sniff of the show, let alone score 50 freakin’ goals in a season.

Good grief. It’s plainly stupid.

For a guy who uses advanced stats he sure has a poor grasp of simple probabilities. As in, what are the chances that any given elite minor hockey player will ever get a sniff of the show, let alone score 50 freakin’ goals in a season.

Good grief. It’s plainly stupid.
That and that most NHL players do not come from poor backgrounds. The cost to play the sport is ridiculous.

He’s been an annoying, preachy advanced stats “guru” for about a decade. He’s beyond condescending. Nothing wrong with his adherence to advanced stats but his presentation and persona are nauseating.
It was quite amusing how he lost his marbles over Diaz for Weise deal as being amongst the worst trades in the previous decade based on analytics…..

Ooooops!

Back