• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

Around The League - 2023-24 Regular Season

Calgary will probably pay the most but they likely believe they can resign Hubie and Weegar. This will restrict their offers imo.

Lucic and Monahan contracts are up in 1 year

They have 10 D men under contract and Klyington is an RFA and might be too expensive to retain

Treliving might be able to pull this off

I think its more revenge to show the NHL that players will play and stay in Calgary

But they won't when they actually have the choice.

Kadri may end up there, quite possible. I'm guessing he goes to the islanders.

Hugo wants no part of retaining salary which makes no sense if the right deal comes along
Gally is going on ltir by the time the Habs are decent. No sense having dead cap space when we need to sign bedard, cc, and slaf for big money

Random, but I see Jaroslav Halak is 37 years old. Despite various injuries, and used prudently, he has lasted in his role remarkably well. Did we think he would outlast Price (so it appears)?

No, I am not opening up a debate on whether we made the right call. We did. Just will always have a soft spot for the guy.

Random, but I see Jaroslav Halak is 37 years old. Despite various injuries, and used prudently, he has lasted in his role remarkably well. Did we think he would outlast Price (so it appears)?

No, I am not opening up a debate on whether we made the right call. We did. Just will always have a soft spot for the guy.

Halak isnt held together with screws and plates

Wonder if either joins their old boss Gorton. I’m guessing Morehouse likely joins his father in law in CBJ

I’m also surprised Daniel Dore hasn’t joined the Habs org - he’s followed Gorton from Bos to NYR

Back