• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

Around The League - 2023-24 Regular Season

I expect Avs to be a rinse and repeat of the Pens circa 2008-2015. Great roster talent (3-lines very deep), but poor G forced a quick exit year in year out in the playoffs and only 1-Cup to show for

They won a cup with a pylon in net , Gorgy cant be that bad

They got 3 more years easy

Their core is locked up with no star to pay anytime soon other than Toews

Avs will get those cheap UFA 1 year Maroon and Perry to fill the roster
15M in cap space next year with 13 players signed. But Erik Johnson is off the payroll but defense is going to be thin after Makar.

15M in cap space next year with 13 players signed. But Erik Johnson is off the payroll but defense is going to be thin after Makar.

Agreed , but if the cap goes up 10 mil in 3 years you have your stars under cost certainty

They will find those 1 mil players to fill gaps like TB has done

What they cant do is have a bunch of Byrons and Armia in that 3-4 range

They lost their flexibility but its doable

Make those tough decisions ahead of time and drafting is critical

"The cap is going to jump within 3 years (when Rantanen needs to be resigned). 12.6 will look like a team friendly deal with matthews and mcdavid sign for 14-15 a year." -Twitter User

To be young and oblivious. I miss those days.

Between talking with Colorado fans and radical lefties, I've wasted far too much time on Twitter for one night.

Subban has spent the last 2 seasons playing as though he was already retired.
He seemed to lose his zest for the game after a year or so in Nashville. Maybe a few injuries factored in, but may have been more mental than anything. His enthusiasm was a big part of his game, and when it started to go he just wasn't anywhere near the same player. My take, anyway.

I think he was riding it out in the last two years in New Jersey, but he clearly wasn't the same player anymore. The injuries killed his style of play.

Banned? From Twitter?
It's ridiculously easy to be banned on Twitter. And unlike some other social media platforms Twitter goes to great lengths to ensure that users who are banned can't get back on by creating new accounts. They ban your IP address and watch to see who is using proxies. I only got back on because I got a new phone number and area code.

I’ve never been banned.

It’s official, you guys are bigger aholes. 🤣
How you behave isn't how it works. It merely depends on whether or not you get reported and how big your following is (the larger your following, the more revenue to Twitter you represent in the form of monetized thumbs versus those with small followings who they can easily dump without consequence) and no tweet is too mundane not to report. Pretty much anyone on the platform who doesn't have thousands of followers and/or a blue checkmark is living on borrowed time unless they never express an opinion in writing.

Dinesh D'Sousza posted a photo of Hitler with Biden's head photoshopped on it. D'Sousza is a shitbag, a grifter and a convicted felon but he has a large following of other shitbags and is a pseudo-celebrity of the alt.right. So between the number of people who follow him, his high profile as a public figure and that magical blue checkmark, he got away with posting that shit. If you or I did that we get reported and probably get a time out or an outright lifetime ban for our troubles. The rules are not applied equally.

I’ve never been banned.

It’s official, you guys are bigger aholes. 🤣
I didn't even get banned for insulting anyone, funny enough. I got banned because I used "rapist" in my tweet, that I've since had to delete to get my access back. And boy, Twitter is always an interesting melting pot of the stupidest motherfuckers alive who are seemingly able to use a computer.

I didn't even get banned for insulting anyone, funny enough. I got banned because I used "rapist" in my tweet, that I've since had to delete to get my access back. And boy, Twitter is always an interesting melting pot of the stupidest motherfuckers alive who are seemingly able to use a computer.
Now that’s just ridiculous and why I love an uncensored forum

Now that’s just ridiculous and why I love an uncensored forum
Funniest of all, I didn't even call anyone a rapist. If Mailloux was an actual rapist, yeah, to hell with him. Chemically castrate him and put him in jail for the rest of his life, for all I'm concerned. However, he's not a rapist, he shared pics. I'm not forgiving him, but I don't think he should be prevented from playing hockey.

I'm still getting mentions from that & the Colorado stuff. I don't mind banter with people, which is why I enjoy living on my Hot Take island.

Back