• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

Around The League - 2024 Offseason

They're apparently trying to buy land in northern Phoenix.

View: https://twitter.com/CamCox12/status/1753586684032393679

They’ve been hot of late, but surely this will really hurt.

Do they have any legit prospects? They burned through a lot of draft picks. Gauthier?

Tampa's got next to nothing in the pipeline. Ethan Gauthier's a safe, low-upside energy player and Isaac Howard, not sure where he fits in the NHL. Those are probably their two best prospects. I'd be much, much more interested in Tampa Bay's unprotected first round pick in 2027 or 2028, however.

Tampa's got next to nothing in the pipeline. Ethan Gauthier's a safe, low-upside energy player and Isaac Howard, not sure where he fits in the NHL. Those are probably their two best prospects. I'd be much, much more interested in Tampa Bay's unprotected first round pick in 2027 or 2028, however.
I cant see Julien doing anything , ride out what you have

They have dumped too much prospect/draft capital and nobody is moving the needle

They're apparently trying to buy land in northern Phoenix.

View: https://twitter.com/CamCox12/status/1753586684032393679

As usual, it boils down to one thing: can the franchise con City Hall into giving them taxpayer money to build an arena. If the answer is yes, the team stays. If the answer is go fuck yourself, you can afford to pay for it yourselves, then they'll move to a city that will say yes. All pro sports franchises do this now. The team is just leverage for a real estate scam where taxpayers are on the hook for costs and debts while the team keeps all the profits.

I'm honestly surprised they didn't do it the Canadiens way and announce that he'd be out indefinitely with a lower body injury. I was told by some here that it takes a long time to figure out the extent of the injuries some players have.

Meanwhile, some organizations who aren't scared of their own shadows and who, apparently, have doctors that can actually read an x-ray, MRI & CT scan without needing additional consultations, figure it out in real time.

Back