• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

Around The League - 2023-24 Regular Season

They're far and few.

It's like when people use high picks in the draft on the big forwarded that hits a lot, in hopes that he'll become the prototypical power forward.

Every 10 years or so, you'll get a Milan Lucic or a Tom Wilson. Most of the time, though, you end up with Michael McCarron, Tyler Biggs, Greg Nemisz, Zack Kassian, Nick Ritchie, etc

I think you have to assume a 20% drop in production and make a judgement whether you'd be ok with that player on your team. If the player doesn't have the best work ethic and relies on opportunistic scoring or a physical ability that gains them a fraction of second to make a play (strength, speed), then you're looking at trouble.

You also need to evaluate whether the few quality years you might get have enough value to your team to offset the later bad years.

Henrique's contract was bad from the start. A 20g, 45pts forward on a team going nowhere, why bother.

You also need to evaluate whether the few quality years you might get have enough value to your team to offset the later bad years.

Henrique's contract was bad from the start. A 20g, 45pts forward on a team going nowhere, why bother.

Yup teams take the easy route and wont make tough decisions to walk away

Cant let these Neanderthal states like Russia, China and North Korea intimidate. Panarin should just keep playing, and the Rangers should just ignore the story, considering the source.

I get the feeling he's more worried about his family that's still in Russia than his playing career.

Back