• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

Around The League - 2024-25 Regular Season

The NHL is such an old boys' club it's not even funny. This is like when the Canucks handed Messier an $11 million contract. You're paying the guy for what he did TO you, not what he can do FOR you. Julien is the same. He beat the Canucks for the Cup in 2011. He won't do shit for them in 2022.

Plus if you think about it, a trade like that is very possible as it shakes up two struggling teams.

So Jack Hughes just signed a 8 year, $64M extension to stay in New Joizy.

I am beyond perplexed by this, but hey, good for him. Get paid, homie.

Maybe, but your guess is as good as mine asto how he'll look in 3 years. It's a coin flip, almost.

It's a loooot of money for a player with a career high 31 points in a season (52 points over an 82 game span) and who is still unproven.

I dunno, I would have waited until the end of the year to give it to him. It's not like there was much of a worry that he'd get offer sheeted.

Maybe, but your guess is as good as mine asto how he'll look in 3 years. It's a coin flip, almost.

It's a loooot of money for a player with a career high 31 points in a season (52 points over an 82 game span) and who is still unproven.

I dunno, I would have waited until the end of the year to give it to him. It's not like there was much of a worry that he'd get offer sheeted.

Major gamble and so far Nico has done squat as well

Back