• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

Around The League - 2024-25 Regular Season

So if the Sharks cancel Kane's contract (which I don't understand how they can since it would be just to shield him from creditors), would a new contract not still be put on lien to the creditors? I am trying to follow how that would even be kosher. Kane has 20 points this season in 23 games, so it's not a bad value contract, 7m/yr for him is still not terrible considering Dano believed he was worth 5m lol.

So if the Sharks cancel Kane's contract (which I don't understand how they can since it would be just to shield him from creditors), would a new contract not still be put on lien to the creditors? I am trying to follow how that would even be kosher. Kane has 20 points this season in 23 games, so it's not a bad value contract, 7m/yr for him is still not terrible considering Dano believed he was worth 5m lol.
Is there a treaty between U.S & Canada, for creditors to go after him?

Douchebag has rocks for brains

But it's a contract between a US team and him and the bankruptcy is in the US. I don't know, I just don't understand how they can cancel the contract, then resign after and not have that money forfeited.
It'll get challenged in bankruptcy court.

Sounds great. A draft where half the top prospects didn't (or almost didn't) play, no best-on-best tournaments took place...

What could possibly go wrong?

Sounds great. A draft where half the top prospects didn't (or almost didn't) play, no best-on-best tournaments took place...

The ultimate crap shoot. This is where having a lot of picks may pay off because it's likely a gem might fall in rankings.

if nobody knows that much it somewhat levels the playing field for Timmins

It just makes the draft a lot more of what I hate: A guessing game.

Drafting 18 year olds based on how they played when they were 17... Nick Ebert circa 2021.

Who cares?

Because Kirill Kaprizov is small and some thought he would never leave Russia.

Took him 5 full seasons to leave.

Why why why did we we draft Jim Nesich over Brett Hull in the sixth round in 1984?

Like... It's the sixth fucking round.

The Wild believed so little in Kaprizov that they took 3 other players ahead of him.

Back