• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

Around The League - 2024-25 Regular Season

I was surprised at ARod. Not the guy you would have thought would have a lot to offer perhaps. I don't know how he's viewed generally, but I like listening to him as an in game-analyst. Great at picking up stuff, explaining what is going on.

Missed Sprotsnet this morning so watched TSN for highlights. Man, they have really gone down the tube. Nothing against female announcers (love Cassie Campbell), and I know the analyst is not the same as the person giving out the sports, but you have to at least portray that you know something about the sport. Their people are not doing that.

Not that Sportsnet is any great shakes, but its a cut above that.

Kathryn Tappen is the only good female hockey broadcaster who can I think of. She’s really good . . . and also happens to be easy on the eyes.

Football players have always been ahead of the curve (IMO) when it comes to honestly assessing their place in their sport (which is often cruel)

Ironically, I always thought Robert Smith was a very sharp dude (he studied pre-med in college, retired early with a bunch of $$$) but he recently became an in-game analyst and he's FUCKING TERRIBLE AT IT. He sounds like a moron...which I found very disappointing.

Granted, offering insights in real time is much harder than it seems...but he's woefully unprepared, and there's no excuse for that.

Many ex NFL players are terrible on TV as analysts . Steve Smith , Sharpe , MJD are brutal

Michael Robinson looks like high all the time

TSN is just so much better than Sportsnet for hockey, it’s not even a fair comparisoferrarro, n even w Bobby Mac retired.
Don't find that either. Not the folks on the desk,giving out the sports at least. The panel (Duthie,Ferrarro, Johnson. McLellan) I like, but not much air time for them. They do a good job of the world juniors.

To each his own, I guess.

Last edited:
For me everything , she is terrible .

The intermissions other than Bieksa is a terrible product .
Not great, no. Maclean was rambling on last night about the Tim Peele situation. No idea what he was trying to say. something about "ecosystems". He is getting worse. If I have to work that hard at figuring it out, it is not well delivered.

Still, I prefer the 1 hr Sportsnet to the 1 hr TSN for general sports highlights. Ken Reid is the best of a bad production on both sides.

Last edited:
I can't believe people still watch the highlight shows.
LOL Maybe not people. Maybe just me.

Of course I fast forward with my wired remote control to my VCR (just kidding,better write a disclaimer). Its my quiet time with my coffee.

I assume the other "people" multitask and use stuff like cellphones?

Back