• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

Around The League - 2024 Offseason

I wonder if NYR buys out Trouba.

$8M's a lot of money for a guy who can't be counted on to be in a top-4 d-man.

Glad Messier gave him that sham of an award, though!

Two teams that tanked are meeting in the finals.
Yeah, and none of that "half assed" tanking either. Full blown cratering. In order to rebuild you must first tear down the rotten edifice that's standing in the spot you need to build on. You can't use any part of that existing structure. You must raze it to the ground and you must SUFFER and for longer than just one or two years.

If the Oilers had decided to band aid things in pursuit of a meaningless playoff berth after they drafted RNH, they'd have screwed themselves out of McDavid and they'd be in oblivion right now. Only because they committed to a decade of darkness are they allowed to enjoy things now.

Yeah, and none of that "half assed" tanking either. Full blown cratering. In order to rebuild you must first tear down the rotten edifice that's standing in the spot you need to build on. You can't use any part of that existing structure. You must raze it to the ground and you must SUFFER and for longer than just one or two years.

If the Oilers had decided to band aid things in pursuit of a meaningless playoff berth after they drafted RNH, they'd have screwed themselves out of McDavid and they'd be in oblivion right now. Only because they committed to a decade of darkness are they allowed to enjoy things now.
and it still will have taken them 9 years from the time they drafted 97. You know as well as I do there is NO way you would accept 9 years of such failure after getting your generational talen.

and it still will have taken them 9 years from the time they drafted 97. You know as well as I do there is NO way you would accept 9 years of such failure after getting your generational talen.
I've already accepted 3 decades of going in circles. I'd gladly take 1/3 of that time where they're actually following a plan.

you have never accepted itnl, search your feelings, you know it's true
I don't get a vote. This is the basic fallacy of your argument. Habs fans have shown time and time again that they will accept whatever they're told to accept. Saying that "We'd never do that" or "We couldn't do that even if we wanted" because "the fans wouldn't accept it" is, and always has been a huge cop out. Not one fewer ticket is being sold no matter what they do or don't do. So all the front office has to do is decide to do it and the fans will fall into line.

I don't get a vote. This is the basic fallacy of your argument. Habs fans have shown time and time again that they will accept whatever they're told to accept. Saying that "We'd never do that" or "We couldn't do that even if we wanted" because "the fans wouldn't accept it" is, and always has been a huge cop out. Not one fewer ticket is being sold no matter what they do or don't do. So all the front office has to do is decide to do it and the fans will fall into line.
Habs are the only game in town and have embraced the rebuild

Other teams go through decades of darkness but don’t get to select a generational superstar. The model is ridiculous.

Three fucking years in a row with the #1 pick
Taylor Hall (2010), Ryan Nugent-Hopkins (2011), Nail Yakupov (2012),

and then land Connor McDavid (2015).

Plus team friendly ELCs expire when the best kids turn 21. Ridiculous

Back