• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

Around The League - 2024 Offseason

good point, we have them in our office (especially as articled students). in my day, if someone asked you to do work even at 630, you said yes sir/maam, and did it. Now, we are basically told by the exec that we should not give them work after 4pm as the students will not like the pressure of work being given to them so late in the day.

Meh. Replace them with AI.

He got canned because he's a fucking weirdo control freak and a walking, talking nightmare for the Blue Jackets' HR department as well as the league's PR department. Oh, and then there's the minor detail that he hasn't won a goddamn thing in 15 years.
Which is why I don’t understand why he was hired in the first place. He hasn’t won in 15 years. Where was the “upside” in having to deal with his issues/personality/creepiness?

Did he really coerce (or attempt to) players to let him scroll through their phones?
Per Friedman’s 32-thoughts today, all off CBJ org, NHL and NHLPA thought nothing of the issue as of mid last week after Boone Kenner’s press release

Apparently a non CBJ player provided some info that a young players phone was with Babcock outside of the rink for a short period of time last Thursday…

Last edited:
Per Friedmand 32-thoughts today, all off CBJ org, NHL and NHLPA thought nothing of the issue as of mid last week

Apparently a non CBJ player provided some info that a young players phone was with Babcock outside of the rink for a short period of time late last week…
I’m very un-woke but he has no business asking for another person’s cell phone. Like none. What he did here, even if not intended to be so cringe-worthy, was totally unacceptable in 2023 and he clearly shouldn’t be coaching an NHL team at this point.

I’m very un-woke but he has no business asking for another person’s cell phone. Like none. What he did here, even if not intended to be so cringe-worthy, was totally unacceptable in 2023

This.

I don’t care if he’s an asshole. I don’t care if young players are snowflakes. Whatever. None of that is germane.

But personal phones are totally off limits, unless there’s a freaking warrant, no?

This.

I don’t care if he’s an asshole. I don’t care if young players are snowflakes. Whatever. None of that is germane.

But personal phones are totally off limits, unless there’s a freaking warrant, no?
isn't the left's view that if you have nothing to hide? but overall I do agree, no one looks through my phone

This.

I'd have to look at Ohio's workplace laws about that - I'm not going to, sorry - but whether it's legal or not, you don't do that. People have an expectation of privacy in regard to their cell phones.

I'd have to look at Ohio's workplace laws about that - I'm not going to, sorry - but whether it's legal or not, you don't do that. People have an expectation of privacy in regard to their cell phones.
hell I won't even go on my son's phone and I pay for it, and won't join the firm plan even though the firm does not look at it

Which is why I don’t understand why he was hired in the first place. He hasn’t won in 15 years. Where was the “upside” in having to deal with his issues/personality/creepiness?
He was the right coach for the leafs

He ended the country club atmosphere and made players accountable

He usually turns around teams early on

Back