• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

Around The League - 2023-24 Regular Season

Hey Jesperi.. How many games did it take Florida to win the ECF against your Canes team?

Couldn't happen to a nicer bunch of jerks!! 🤣

IMG_1626.jpeg
LOL “Rock you like a Hurricane”

0-12 in consecutive ECF…..that’s establishing a “choker reputation” if I ever saw one…

Last edited:
I can’t decide if they’re good, this run is a fluke, or a combination of both.
They weren't suppose to suck this season....they finished 1st overall last season...so the talent is there. They have great depth, very balanced 4 lines.

They are very good...and on top of that, they finally got elite goaltending (which they lacked last year in playoffs)....

Should be interesting matchup with Vegas in the Finals....i guess Bettman is happy...

Florida got two major changes this year that is paying off in the playoffs:

1- Tkachuk over Huberdeau. One's showing off to be the envy of the league as the premier power forward in hockey, while the other plays, like Sal always so eloquently states, pousse caca hockey.
2- They hired an actual coach that instilled actual structure. Last year, Florida was all too happy to play run & gun hockey, with defense being voluntary. It's not a coincidence they got rid of their coach.

Bobrovsky playing like an elite goalie definitely helps, too.

I think Florida's magical run comes to an end against Vegas, though.

I can’t decide if they’re good, this run is a fluke, or a combination of both.
Combo of both , luck and bounces are always part of the equation

They have the pieces to win a cup but underachieved for years and played soft

Bobo is finally looking like the goalie they expected

Florida got two major changes this year that is paying off in the playoffs:

1- Tkachuk over Huberdeau. One's showing off to be the envy of the league as the premier power forward in hockey, while the other plays, like Sal always so eloquently states, pousse caca hockey.
2- They hired an actual coach that instilled actual structure. Last year, Florida was all too happy to play run & gun hockey, with defense being voluntary. It's not a coincidence they got rid of their coach.

Bobrovsky playing like an elite goalie definitely helps, too.

I think Florida's magical run comes to an end against Vegas, though.
Panthers in 6

I wrote that I had expected more from Tkaczuk in the Leafs series, after hearing so much about the way he had played in the Boston series. I was actually more impressed by some other Panther players.

In the series against Carolina though, I can see it.

Back