• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

Babcock Death March

Not sure if that is related to the maps I posted but if so to me its clearly showing there was a drastic change in their shot strategy

There is no way the new guys are not smart or skilled enough to get the puck to the middle of the ice for a shot

Flyers under Hakstol. 18/19 is not a true representation as it was only 31 games before he was canned but there is a clear pattern here

1573832966738.png 1573833018086.png
1573833039982.png1573833069402.png

Attachments

• 1573832991890.png
    1573832991890.png
    111.9 KB · Views: 0
The blues fired Yeo after 19gms last year.

Babcock is the 5th longest tenured coach in leafs history.

The only guy without a cup that served longer was Quinn.

Pre-Quinn: #20 of 26
Quinn Yr 1: #5 of 27
Quinn Yr 2: #7 of 28
Quinn Yr 3: #15 of 30
Quinn Yr 4: #3 of 30
Quinn Yr 5: #9 of 30
Quinn Yr 6: #5 of 30
Quinn Yr 7: #18 of 30 (fired)

Pre-Babs: #27 of 30
Babs Yr 1: #30 of 30
Babs Yr 2: #14 of 30
Babs Yr 3: #6 of 31
Babs Yr 4: #8 of 31
Babs Yr 5: #19 of 31

That one is truly mind boggling. Hakstol has a clear track record that supports his results thus far but McFarlands results make no sense

How can you go from one of the top PP units last year in Florida to a complete gong show this year

And Hiller is not doing much better in Long Island either

They should have Barrie and Rielly on the top PP together as Barrie has the good right handed one timer needed. Have Barrie on the left boards for his one timer, Tavares net front, Marner/Nylander in the bumper, Matthews right board and Rielly up top. Then let them move around as needed with the ultimate goal of setting up Matthews or Barrie for one timers, or to move the puck to the middle, and have Rielly's point shot as the last option.

They should have Barrie and Rielly on the top PP together as Barrie has the good right handed one timer needed. Have Barrie on the left boards for his one timer, Tavares net front, Marner/Nylander in the bumper, Matthews right board and Rielly up top. Then let them move around as needed with the ultimate goal of setting up Matthews or Barrie for one timers, or to move the puck to the middle, and have Rielly's point shot as the last option.

Yeah, why not try it at this point? I know the 4F + 1D power-play is what's in fashion at this point, but most teams don't have a lefty/righty pair of defensemen who scored a combined 34 goals & 131 points last season.

Put Rielly/Barrie/Matthews/Tavares/Nylander out there as a 1st unit, and for fuck's sake, leave them out for at least the first minute-and-a-half of the power-play, instead of religiously yanking them off the ice at the one minute mark of every power-play to put the second unit on.

Back