• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

Best of the internet

MindzEye

Wayward Ditch Pig
So it appears that Leo is being cast as Jim Jones in an upcoming movie about the cult leader.....

But what my mostly white friends here at FI are unaware of is that there is somewhat iconic rapper from New York of the same name (A member of Dipset with the slightly more famous Cam'ron)...and black twitter has been fucking loving it.

zeke

a 45yr old Leo literally pulls that look off better than the brothers do.

he's the best.

Kritter

Didnt want to start a new thread for this....

How does a fella go about fining out if his graphics driver is out of date (pretty sure it is)....
and how can a fella upgrade it safely?

MindzEye

Wayward Ditch Pig
Didnt want to start a new thread for this....

How does a fella go about fining out if his graphics driver is out of date (pretty sure it is)....
and how can a fella upgrade it safely?

"Out of date" is relative. I'm running a AMD RX570 which is technically out of date but runs just about everything I need to do. My video editing suite doesn't love playback, but there are methods of mitigating that so meh.

To find out what you're running (assuming Windows 10?)
- Select the search button
- search for "device manager"
- That will bring up the device manager window, relatively close to the top is "Display adapter"
- Select the little drop down chevron next top display adapter, it will list your adapter there.

Updating your adapter will depend upon whether it's onboard or not. If it's built right into the motherboard, you're hooped. If it's not, replacing it is pretty straight forward. More or less plug and play.

Also, unless it's strictly a gaming issue, look into whether or not you have a solid state hard drive as opposed to mechanical. Any function that requires pulling data off of the drive is almost definitely bottlenecked in 2021 if you're using a mechanical hard drive. A lot of people assume their processing units are slow (whether CPU or GPU) when the bottleneck is the mechanical hard drive.

BG

Assuming Windows 10...

Open Task Manager (CTRL-SHIFT-ESC), and select the "Performance" Tab.

Once you've determined the make/model, post it here.