• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

Brind’Amour is a Jack Adams Finalist ... ahem, WINNER

He had 433 points and 61 first place votes. Evason was 2nd with 24 first place votes and 235 points, Q had 21 and 225. Bednar, Sullivan and DeBoer also got first place votes.

Funny all the people who thought the Canes were stupid to let Peters go and hire Brindamour. And what a terrible decision that was now say the Canes are cheap and should be paying him more.

congrats coach! Glad you’re staying

Funny all the people who thought the Canes were stupid to let Peters go and hire Brindamour. And what a terrible decision that was now say the Canes are cheap and should be paying him more.

That's why it's so easy to dunk on "the hockey men" ... they're wrong 90% of the time and when they're right, it's generally by accident

He had 433 points and 61 first place votes. Evason was 2nd with 24 first place votes and 235 points, Q had 21 and 225. Bednar, Sullivan and DeBoer also got first place votes.
I feel like that's right, accounting for the way this voting normally goes. Generally the team that comes out of nowhere to be good produces the Jack Adams winner. The most obvious version of "that guy" was Q (a guy who has already won a Jack Adams and thus only gets another if he laps the league or something), and ... well we can't do that. Evason fits that profile as well, but this award is voted on by the freaking broadcasters and nobody actually paid attention to the Wild in a Division with two MUCH more hyped teams. So ... default mode means the votes go to the guy who has built up his rep while not being rewarded before. Ding ... the computer spits out Brind'Amour.

I'm not saying he doesn't deserve it, because he does. I would however suggest that the season when Roddy really earned this award was 2018-2019.

I was one of those who initially had doubts about naming Brindy as head couch three years ago, because I was thinking we needed an outsider to clean things up. Boy was I wrong! But I remember when John Forslund came out immediately and unequivocally stated that Rod is the perfect head coach for this team (and went on to give his reasons why).

I was one of those who initially had doubts about naming Brindy as head couch three years ago, because I was thinking we needed an outsider to clean things up. Boy was I wrong! But I remember when John Forslund came out immediately and unequivocally stated that Rod is the perfect head coach for this team (and went on to give his reasons why).
I think we all had doubts of some kind, and even the most supportive fans were a bit worried about Brind'Amour's legacy being tarnished should he be unable (understandably) to lift the Canes out of the mediocre place where they had put down deep roots. The guy has absolutely blown past any and all expectations and deserves whatever plaudits come his way.

My #1 hard 'n fast rule as a team owner would be: never hire a guy who's number is hanging in the rafters. This Brind'Amour as head coach thing may go smoothly for his entire tenure because he's just that kind of guy; self awareness obviously being his best trait.

My #1 hard 'n fast rule as a team owner would be: never hire a guy who's number is hanging in the rafters. This Brind'Amour as head coach thing may go smoothly for his entire tenure because he's just that kind of guy; self awareness obviously being his best trait.
In general, I'd agree ... but Brind'Amour is proving that you should always allow for exceptions.

Bob Gainey has been in for 20 years. Guy Carbonneau was elected in 2019. There is no reason for RBA to be excluded anymore. None.
Agreed. There are none reasons Brindy isn;t in the Hall already and hopefully adding a Jack Adams to his trophy case will jump start his argument for the next selection window. I know it's technically irrelevant, but then again ... it isn't irrelevant, now is it?

Proud and pleased with Rod BrindAmour winning the Jack Adams. He definitely earned it. I look forward to seeing what else he can do for/with this team. His turn to reach the Hall of Fame will come. The powers that be need to get their heads out of their @$$#$.

Jim

Back