• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

(Close this) When Julien eventually gets fired, who do you want as the next coach?

When Julien eventually gets fired, who do you want as the next coach?

• André Tourigny

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
It’s amazing how much better he got after Mahomes arrived.

he wanted Mahomes tho and gave up a boatload of picks to get him...

most coaches would have stuck with Alex Smith, and would have kept going 11-5, win a playoff game once in a while... and call it a day

larger point, and more of a Bergevin thing but the whole premise of building a team to make the playoffs is dumb.

Your aim is to build a perennial Cup contender or GTFO

larger point, and more of a Bergevin thing but the whole premise of building a team to make the playoffs is dumb.

Your aim is to build a perennial Cup contender or GTFO
I hear he’s about to sign an extension . . . but we’ll see. Maybe Geoffrey will wait a bit this time.

Yep, he's just not a good coach. He rode a really hot goalie on an already packed team to a Cup (and almost got eliminated by a weak Habs team) and has been a failure at all level ever since. I looked quite a bit at the with-without Julien impact in Boston, and it's not a pretty picture.

6 consecutive seasons that he would have missed the playoff if not for Covid or being hired by a team already in a playoff spot.

Reactions: CH1
The Habs are paying dearly for some comically bad drafting in the first half of the 2010s. I mean, every team gets a bust from time to time. But that was a half decade of cack instead of players who would be established veterans and the core of the team.

The Habs are paying dearly for some comically bad drafting in the first half of the 2010s. I mean, every team gets a bust from time to time. But that was a half decade of cack instead of players who would be established veterans and the core of the team.

that bad drafting got Timmins a promotion LOL

2010? Habs have had only 2-good drafts in nearly 50-years...1984 & 2007

Noway Roy.
Too emotional and will not last long.
Gallant. Been here before, excellent working with young kids.

Martin Lemay not mincing any words in his RDS article:

https://www.rds.ca/hockey/canadiens/ca-ne-va-pas-bien-selon-martin-lemay-1.10837133

TL DR

Julien sucks. Since being hired by Habs, their PP is 26th best in the league; PK is 29th.
Before being fired by Bruins, team was headed for its 3rd straight year of not making the playoffs. Guys like Bergeron and Marchand were just 60 point players. They completely changed their style of play; no longer signing big guys like David Backes. Their PP was middle of the pack under Julien, with the same guys, Bruins PP is now #1.
Posted in game thread last night

He is spot on

Because of the covid restriction, if you hire a coach outside of the organization, he would need to be quarantined for 14 days before he can actually take over the job.

So either Bergevin plan this ahead, secretly gets his guy in quarantine, then fire Julien, or he goes internally (in interim or permanently).

I'm usually rolling eyes when people request coaching changes this early in a season, but there are just so many things going wrong right now that are clear coaching issues. Our PK is horrible. Night after night, we still allow that cross-crease pass which is basic PK 101. Our PP has been horrible for 3 years. Earlier in the year, it was showing good signs, with Weber and Petry at the point, but for some odd reason, they split them and now it's dog shit and for some odd reason, they just won't go back to what worked earlier in the season.

Beside Tofoli, Anderson and Drouin, most players are severely underperforming. It's the coach's job to extract the best from his player. Julien did amazing on this 2 years ago when a lot of our players got career years. Now, it's like the opposite.

As for the answer, I like Bouchard the best but I think his job in Laval is too important to move him up right now. We need that entire farm team situation addressed and it's a colossal job he started 2 years ago and we are finally having players he develops showing up with potential for us.

I think if Julien gets the boot, Ducharme might get the call as the head coach mostly because it's the easy situation and no quarantine necessary. Bergevin can play it smart and just say he has the interim job. See how the season goes with him. If it fixes the situation and the habs are playing amazing, you can offer him the job at the end of the season. If not, you now have the off season to shop for another coach.

Because of the covid restriction, if you hire a coach outside of the organization, he would need to be quarantined for 14 days before he can actually take over the job.

So either Bergevin plan this ahead, secretly gets his guy in quarantine, then fire Julien, or he goes internally (in interim or permanently).

I'm usually rolling eyes when people request coaching changes this early in a season, but there are just so many things going wrong right now that are clear coaching issues. Our PK is horrible. Night after night, we still allow that cross-crease pass which is basic PK 101. Our PP has been horrible for 3 years. Earlier in the year, it was showing good signs, with Weber and Petry at the point, but for some odd reason, they split them and now it's dog shit and for some odd reason, they just won't go back to what worked earlier in the season.

Beside Tofoli, Anderson and Drouin, most players are severely underperforming. It's the coach's job to extract the best from his player. Julien did amazing on this 2 years ago when a lot of our players got career years. Now, it's like the opposite.

As for the answer, I like Bouchard the best but I think his job in Laval is too important to move him up right now. We need that entire farm team situation addressed and it's a colossal job he started 2 years ago and we are finally having players he develops showing up with potential for us.

I think if Julien gets the boot, Ducharme might get the call as the head coach mostly because it's the easy situation and no quarantine necessary. Bergevin can play it smart and just say he has the interim job. See how the season goes with him. If it fixes the situation and the habs are playing amazing, you can offer him the job at the end of the season. If not, you now have the off season to shop for another coach.
wow, I was bang on...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back