• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

CONCACAF World Cup Qualifying

BTW ... in case anybody doubted that Canada was the real deal back when they were giving the US fits in the Gold Cup and that last WCQ game, yeah. They're actually good. American fans just always seem to assume that other teams suck and that the US is struggling in a game because they're playing awful. No, Canada has been a challenge lately because Canada actually has talent now ... thanks in no small part to MLS academies.

Of course, Jamaica should have been down a man inside the first minute and another in the 34th minute. Both of those fouls were DOGSO, especially the 2nd. If the ref awards a free kick on that, he has to send the defender off, there was no one between Aaronson and the goal.

The ref was so bad that it made me wonder if something fishy was going on. And that takes a LOT for me, because as you know I fully expect incompetent officiating in CONCACAF. Honestly, dude. Find another side gig because you suck at this one.

Quick check and see that he's inexperienced and from Grenada. Maybe he's still bent out of shape about the "invasion"????

The ref was so bad that it made me wonder if something fishy was going on. And that takes a LOT for me, because as you know I fully expect incompetent officiating in CONCACAF. Honestly, dude. Find another side gig because you suck at this one.

Quick check and see that he's inexperienced and from Grenada. Maybe he's still bent out of shape about the "invasion"????
They said he was only 30, so he wasn’t alive for it. Maybe he’s projecting his parents’ feelings?

Also that incident in stoppage time (1st half) with the arm pushing Arriola. I'd have to have another look but that should have been a PK.. Nice solid push in the back with arm extension.

Also that incident in stoppage time (1st half) with the arm pushing Arriola. I'd have to have another look but that should have been a PK.. Nice solid push in the back with arm extension.

For me, that was almost as bad as the other two that everyone is freaking out about. Arriola could easily have gotten hurt on that very reckless play. He didn't just arm bar him in the box, he arm barred him into another defender who put a pretty good body check on him.

It was pleasant enough to watch, but Jamaica had no intention of putting any pressure on us. Which is why the lack of first half productivity was so frustrating, it opened up the possibility of dropping points to one lucky strike on their part.

Looks like McKennie tweaked something in his quad and will miss the second leg of this rotation. Steffan and Antonee Robinson will also be out, but that's so they can avoid quarantine when they return to their clubs. That was always likely, so the news here in McKennie. All three traveled directly to Columbus to await the third game of the window.

Looks like Berhalter has settled on Matt Turner in net for right now so Steffen would probably only have been backing up anyway. LB is more of an issue as nobody other than Robinson has looked comfortable there since the Gold Cup. Dest can handle it, but he's better on the right. Hopefully this won't cue more nonsense with wingbacks or yet another appearance from Tim Ream at LB, lumbering around like a rhino.

Looks like McKennie tweaked something in his quad and will miss the second leg of this rotation. Steffan and Antonee Robinson will also be out, but that's so they can avoid quarantine when they return to their clubs. That was always likely, so the news here in McKennie. All three traveled directly to Columbus to await the third game of the window.

Looks like Berhalter has settled on Matt Turner in net for right now so Steffen would probably only have been backing up anyway. LB is more of an issue as nobody other than Robinson has looked comfortable there since the Gold Cup. Dest can handle it, but he's better on the right. Hopefully this won't cue more nonsense with wingbacks or yet another appearance from Tim Ream at LB, lumbering around like a rhino.
The laughing is due to Tim Ream.. He may lumber like a rhino but he fails to take up the space :p

BTW ... in case anybody doubted that Canada was the real deal back when they were giving the US fits in the Gold Cup and that last WCQ game, yeah. They're actually good. American fans just always seem to assume that other teams suck and that the US is struggling in a game because they're playing awful. No, Canada has been a challenge lately because Canada actually has talent now ... thanks in no small part to MLS academies.

No doubt. We also went through a multi year, root and branch overhaul of developmental coaching. In addition, numerous amateur clubs have built relationships with pro clubs, MLS and European (I know one with Everton) which has increased the visibility of promising talent.

No doubt. We also went through a multi year, root and branch overhaul of developmental coaching. In addition, numerous amateur clubs have built relationships with pro clubs, MLS and European (I know one with Everton) which has increased the visibility of promising talent.
FWIW, both the US and Canada are directly benefitting from quality youth development by several MLS academies, but the average USMNT fan would tell you that MLS is a crap league and that's why the US is "never any good and all out best players need to be in Europe ASAP." Of course, the average US fan seems to be a moron, so ....

FWIW, both the US and Canada are directly benefitting from quality youth development by several MLS academies, but the average USMNT fan would tell you that MLS is a crap league and that's why the US is "never any good and all out best players need to be in Europe ASAP." Of course, the average US fan seems to be a moron, so ....
Seems to be??
That's a bit nice from you

First half in Panama in the books. the US team was flatter then a opened 5 year old beer.. No one looked ready to play. No one. Zimmerman might have been the best and even he was terrible at passing.. Even 30 Int Jameis Winston was more accurate :(

Aaronson for Arriola
Adams for Musah.

Panama 53rd. 1-0

Roldan Yedlin and Pepi on
Zhardes off Moore off Weah off.

Acosta Taking himself out (Thank you hope you aren't too injured on a personal level but I appreciate your sacrifice cause you have been AWFUL!)

nm he's back on :(
Panama with the epic timewasting.. but they deserve the result.

And Game..

Last edited:
First half in Panama in the books. the US team was flatter then a opened 5 year old beer.. No one looked ready to play. No one. Zimmerman might have been the best and even he was terrible at passing.. Even 30 Int Jameis Winston was more accurate :(

Aaronson for Arriola
Adams for Musah.

Panama 53rd. 1-0

Roldan Yedlin and Pepi on
Zhardes off Moore off Weah off.

Acosta Taking himself out (Thank you hope you aren't too injured on a personal level but I appreciate your sacrifice cause you have been AWFUL!)

nm he's back on :(
Panama with the epic timewasting.. but they deserve the result.

And Game..
Thanks for the recap, glad I missed it.

Sorry I missed the games today. Was alerted to them, but had a personal interest in the Chargers/Browns NFL game. Turned out to be quite the game. Glad I missed the U.S. debacle.

Basic Berhalter ... he gets absolutely everything wrong in the setup for this game, but makes enough personnel changes that most of the fan base will blame the guys he rotated in instead of the coaching staff ... or at worst blame him for the rotation instead of focusing on the real problem. That was a freaking joke, Gregg. The US handled basically the same Panama team playing basically the same "bully the 6 until he cries and force the CBs to play long" game plan in the Gold Cup ... with an equivalent US 11. So this idea that the US wins that game if they just play the group that beat Jamaica is nonsense. Yeah, they were flat ... because you put them in a terrible position tactically and didn't give them any help when it was obvious that Panama's plan was working. Why this idiot hasn't figured out what to do against an aggressive 4-4-2 on the road this far into his National team tenure is absolutely beyond me. Clearly he knows how, but is too "smart" or stubborn or whatever to just drill his guys to do basic, NCAA mens level stuff. It's all got to be complicated and modern and sophisticated with this guy. No the EFF it doesn't. This is bloody CONCACAF and caveman football is perfectly acceptable if that's what it takes to get results.

Tomorrow's fixture list, from Live Soccer TV app. Some of the stations featuring the matches are also listed.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20211012-230737_Live Soccer TV_1.jpg
    Screenshot_20211012-230737_Live Soccer TV_1.jpg
    126.2 KB · Views: 5
Starting 11:

Arriola for the 3rd straight game? I get he's a high effort guy but

Edit: Apparently Arriola isn't going (Late injury) Weah in.

Extremely young line up.

Last edited:
1 minute in and Boom Costa Rica..
Corner after a Pepi nice pass at the 13m
Dest Tied it 24' what a shot in far upper corner not many goalies will get a hand on that much less stop it.
Got away with a penalty under 10' to half.

Not sharp the last 10 but all tied at the half.

Last edited:
Back