• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

Game Thread for 2022-2023

Good to see the boys start of well this year. 6 goals in the first two games, Sid as First Star of the week.
Let's see how this week goes. Habs tonight

Bad loss by Pens tonight. How do you lead 2-0 after two, 2-1 with 2:26 left, them give up the game-tying then game-winning goals in just a few minutes?
6-5 with goalie pulled is one way, them getting a stupid penalty to give them an OT PP is another. Ex-Hab Jeff Petry had a poor night.

The Pens beat the Kings in that game 6-1, giving up a late goal in the third. Tonight? Beat the Columbus Blue Jackets 6-3. Without Jake Guentzel or indeed without a roster replacement (no cap space).
And we spotted them a two goal lead after one. And even didn't have a shot on goal for a good portion of the first period.
Pens are 4-1-0, and in each win they have six goals. 😳

Then the Pens went to Western Canada and Seattle, and what a disaster. Four games, four losses. Edmonton, Calgary, Vancouver and Seattle. 18 goals allowed, only six scored and three of those were against Edmonton. Yikes

Been a fun game so far.
Third period was pretty awful until Boston scored to make it 5-4. And as soon as they pulled their goalie, I know Boston works score. Just an awful PK this year, after such a great year last year. No Blueger, didn't resign Boyle, and nothing good happens.

Then the Pens go out and duplicate their "blow a two goal lead in the third period" effort, looking just awful in a 6-3 loss to Buffalo. That's six losses in a row.

Man! My last post, we looked so forlorn. Now? 12-1-1 in their last 14, including 7 straight wins. Beat Florida tonight as Kris Letang got his first goal since his return from his freaking stroke!
Third in division, big game vs Carolina coming up. +20 GD, Jarry super solid recently. Let's see where this wild ride ends up?

Turns out, right now, the Pens can play with anyone except Carolina. Done big games coming up, starting tonight with the Isles, then a few days from now vs the Devils.
Good to see the power play has gone from 28th to 13th since December 1st. And they now have the top PK, too.

And as soon as I type the above, the Pens are thoroughly outclassed by the Islanders (5-1), then blow a four goal lead after one period to lose 5-4 to the Wings in OT. That's 10 goals allowed in two games. Ugh!
Tonight is the Devils. Good start so far as they lead 1-0 after one.

Back