• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

GDT #2 - 2024/10/10 - TOR @ NJD - Right back at ya, Sheldon.

zeke

160fa42b6bc8d4002e4e0055573704fbfe66e351.gifv

The one memory of Keefe that always bothered me was that clip in that behind the scenes doc where he was basically cutting Vesey, but he couldn't seem to say it to Vesey's face, and kept talking in riddles. Vesey kept trying to ask sheldon if what he was saying was what he was saying but sheldon kept replying in riddles. Always bugged me that he couldn't just tell the plain truth to a bubble guy he wasn't happy with. Could barely look him straight in the eye tbh.

Anyways, maybe it was nothing, but I don't think Berube works the same way.

as for Sheldon .....he was a solid coach but I don't think any leafs fans miss him, or even have any fond memories of.

The best news of the day is that it seems that Reaves comes out of the lineup first before Robby does, even though the 4th line was excellent last night and the 3rd line wasn't. This combined with the fact that Kampf only got actual 4C minutes last night (and much less toi than holmberg, which almost never happened under keefe) makes me much more optimistic about what Berube actually thinks of the 4th line he started in game 1. Also tells me he knows that how the 4th line plays against AHL competition (like in the preseason or like against the habs) doesn't mean a whole lot.

(for us nerds: McMann over Reaves adds +11 net rating to the team all by itself, which is hilarious.)

Game Lines:

Screenshot 2024-10-10 120906.png

and oh yeah NJD is a pretty good and well rested team and we're coming off a back to back but if we lose this game it's gonna be a full blown panic in leafs nation so that'll be fun.

Back