• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

GDT #2 - AUG 4, 4pm, SN - Mustish Win

Yeah, you'll often see Werenski and Jones in the forecheck. But I mean.. They're still horrendously boring. Credit to Torts, though. Their neutral zone and dzone structure is great. They shut down Tampa hard last year and after 1 game, did the same against the Leafs. They've got their guys committed defensively while giving lesser fucks offensively. Pretty great at the "excuse me" interferences and whatnot too. If they don't call it, might as well take advantage. I don't blame the team remotely.

jackets lack skill but not speed. They definitely caught the leafs off guard with their speed on the forecheck. Here’s hoping Rielly and dermott (who got burned pretty bad in game 1) are more prepared for game 2.

Not sure what happened but Rielly was flying in the Habs game and look like he was at half speed in game 1

The big issue that has become totally normalized and does more to slow offense is interference. They crack down on this and much more entertaining.

Remember when they starting calling slashes on the hands or "tapping" after Crosby exploded that guys finger? That was a good week and a half.

Remember when they starting calling slashes on the hands or "tapping" after Crosby exploded that guys finger? That was a good week and a half.

Thing is, a lot of that small stuff is getting called in other series. Just not for the Leafs, and not for Tampa Bay so far either.

It’s almost like the league & refs believe that having too much high-end skill to put out on your power-play is an unfair advantage that has to be neutralized by giving those teams as few power-plays as possible.

It’s so ass-backward & ridiculous.

It's a necessary component of the system. It acts as a drag against talent similar to the salary cap. it helps less skill teams/lower spending teams compete.

Thing is, a lot of that small stuff is getting called in other series. Just not for the Leafs, and not for Tampa Bay so far either.
…...

See the slashing call on Svech in Game 1 on Saturday that sent Brindy off the rails for a bit.

It really depends on game but all season there has been a lot of slashing or hooking calls any time anyone has their hands touched with a stick.

Jets, Pens, and Oilers all won yesterday and tied up their series 1-1. Your turn today boys. Go Leafs Go!

Back