• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

GDT #20: 21/11/21 - Captain's Boil

How will the Leafs be able to afford Kase!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!??!?!?????!!!!!!!?!?!?!?!!!!!?!!?!?!??!?!?!

Woll’s contract is up at the end of the year too. How are we going to be able to afford him?

And how many offer sheets is he going to receive if we let him get to free agency?!??

The crazy part of this run is that Matthews isn’t even back to 100% yet.

I feel like on the 10-15 game crazy win streaks the last few years Matthews had 20 goals in 15 games.

That's what confidence does. He was boosted by the SH breakaway goal, eluding Barzal in the process, so he got ballsy and hungry for more, so he went to the net. Both nice goals.

And very quietly, the overpaid winger who doesn't score has one fewer goal than the properly paid guy who is paid to score.

I liked seeing Marner pot one going hard to the net. It’s been a while since he’s done that.

Those are the kind of goals Marner needs to score. Get in close and use his hands to fool the goalie.

Seems like far too often lately, he’s just been firing pucks from a distance and trying to beat goalies straight up with his muffin of a shot.

Enh, he has missed the net a ridiculous number of times this year from the slot.

I think it’s more that sometimes he’s too focused on giving an outlet to Matthews or Tavares rather than taking the extra ice to the net you get when those guys have the puck.

Back