• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

GDT #21: 2023/11/30 - The Real 1st Quarter Pole

zeke

Tonight we finally reach the actual 1st quarter mark of the season, and conveniently it coincides with the end of November. A reminder that the 1/4 mark of the year is the first time it's worth looking at any numbers at all (including the standings), and even then, it's still really early and you can't take more than just broadstrokes from them.

Anyways, happy nerd day to all.

As a Nerd Day gift to us all, Ubernerd Dom provided us with the first updated Net Ratings of the year. Unfortunately they don't look so hot for the Leafs, though they're not bad, either. Much worse update for the Kraken at least, for whom last year's surprise season is looking flukier by the day.

The only numbers here that aren't updated are Nick Robertson's number (which Dom promised we'd have tomorrow) and the goalie numbers (which it doesn't sound like we'll be getting any updates at all on this year, so I'll have to start using some other number for the goalies - suggestions are welcome!).

Lineups:

Gm21.png

The dips from Marner and Matthews are concerning. Though it’s telling that even with their dips 34 is still elite and Marner stil all star level.

Numbers (pace) for this year only:

Matthews +16
Nylander +19
Bertuzzi +11

Tavares +15
Marner +7
Jarnkrok +2

Domi -4
Knies -5
Robertson ---

Kampf -15
Gregor -13
Reaves -20

Rielly +13
Brodie +4

Liljegren +0
Giordano -8

McCabe -12
Klingberg -22

Numbers (pace) for this year only:

Matthews +16
Nylander +19
Bertuzzi +11

Tavares +15
Marner +7
Jarnkrok +2

Domi -4
Knies -5
Robertson ---

Kampf -15
Gregor -13
Reaves -20

Rielly +13
Brodie +4

Liljegren +0
Giordano -8

McCabe -12
Klingberg -22
I guess I don't understand the basis for his model.

Like how does Bertuzzi end up +11 and Knies -5. That makes zero sense.

Back