• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

GDT #24 WED MAR.3 8pm - Marner > McDavid Gm3

Evm5GHNXIAEFjtz

Have to say this is the best I've seen a Leafs team play for a stretch of games in a long time. Credit where credit is due to wonder boy for making solid additions in the off-season and for finally adding some solid veteran pieces to compliment the younger guys. And I was definitely wrong about TJ Brodie. The guy is an absolute rock and a fantastic addition as Rielly's partner.

Yeah, after his old man engineered a trade to get him out of Florida specifically to toronto I have a hard time seeing zach leave a contending leaf team to go play in some frigid shitshow

Yeah, after his old man engineered a trade to get him out of Florida specifically to toronto I have a hard time seeing zach leave a contending leaf team to go play in some frigid shitshow

I don’t think his pops needed to pull any strings to make that happen. Hyman had played out his four years in the NCAA without signing an ELC with the Panthers, so he was eligible to become a UFA later in the same summer we traded for him.

He probably just let the Panthers know his intention to sign with the Leafs, and rather than lose him for nothing, the Panthers opted to trade him to the Leafs. For Greg McKegg, with a leg for an arm and an arm for a leg.

To your point though—yeah, I’d be surprised if he went elsewhere this summer to chase the biggest money he can get. Let alone to Deadmonton.

I forget where I heard it, but I had heard at the time that his old mans fingerprints were all over it.

His family is verrrrrrrrrrry rich. He kinda plays like the opposite of a spoiled pampered rich kid but the family has some serious money. Hopefully money isn't a major priority for his next contract.

Back