• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

GDT #3 - Aug 6, 8pm, SN - Hammer Down

Preston

The Artist Formerly Known as Goldust
Out of the 10 periods in this series Columbus thoroughly outplayed them in maybe one of them. And they're a game away from closing it out.

Hockey is rude.

Preston

Just hoping for a stellar performance from Jack Campbell tonight. He's our last hope for this season.
I'd love it if he was actually a half decent goalie. Because ultimately that's what andersen is.. at 5 milly. Would be nice to have one of those at market value, which is 1.65 like Campbell makes.

Preston

132 replies. 2 said Fred was the worst. 1 of them also said he was the best. This is the Maple Leafs disease. They see a goalie make good saves and all else is forgiven.
That ian guy is a dummy. Guy is more biased than zeke. He has his preconceived notions and sticks to them no matter what. Pretty sure I saw him trash Marty marinch last night with very few words on dermott, who was much worse.

BeLeafer

resurrected
That ian guy is a dummy. Guy is more biased than zeke. He has his preconceived notions and sticks to them no matter what. Pretty sure I saw him trash Marty marinch last night with very few words on dermott, who was much worse.
Retweets are not endorsements.

CH1

The Artist Formerly Known as chiggins.
“I feel like the game just got away from us right from the start,” said head coach Sheldon Keefe. “I didn’t like our game in the first period. I didn’t like our game at 1-0, I didn’t like our game at 2-0, 3-0. We just got what we deserved today. I felt like we reverted back to some really bad habits, we didn’t have any real purpose or plan to our game today. We were just making it up as we go along, so we get what we deserve.”

Preston

Yeah I disagree with Keefe there. The first two periods were a continuation of game 2's sheer dominance. They just decided to stop playing in the 3rd. Which is a bit frustrating... Their dips in play shouldn't be as low as they are. But that's why I've always rated them the way I have. Regardless of whether they're "capable" of playing like world beaters, they haven't proven that they can put it all together with any sort of consistency. Andersen was garbage and a 5 million dollar goalie should be able to make a single save. That's all they needed. One save. But this team has seriously high highs and low lows. It's not a winning recipe unfortunately.

leafman101

It wasn't their best game and its definitely not good to think the game is over halfway through. But still, they gave up 1.1 xG in regulation after they went up 3-0, and gave up 3 actual goals.

Columbus certainly didn't deserve to win.

Preston

They can do a bit to help themselves though. Keep your dips small and your gains large and they'll do better than just breaking even. Set tighter stop losses.

Preston

I think it's going to a 5th game. I don't know what happens after that but they'll be hungry tonight. I'm expecting another dominant performance. 5 of their last 6 periods, excluding OT, were beyond dominant so we know they're capable.

And this is Pessimistic Preston talking. Of course, all it takes is a couple bad bounces or a Froctober game and it's series over. But I have a good feeling about tonight.