• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

GDT #4 - AUG 7, 8pm, SN - Not like this

xgf% - all situations

1. PIT 65.3
2. CGY 61.5
3. CAR 57.6
4. TOR 57.1
5. FLA 54.1
6. MIN 53.2
7. EDM 53.2
8. NSH 50.7
For me it's less about leafs not meeting their expected goals for and less about andersen being the worst goalie on the planet.

Tldr: bad luck

The other Andersen thing. Ive never seen him take ownership of a muffin. Just says team needs to play better as a group with a dopey Danish face

Freddy just played 80 mins less than 24 hours ago though. If they won I think they should consider Campbell too.

What other lineup change would do anything?

Is it not riskier to stand idly by and watch the same disaster movie re-run?

Whats the difference between Campbell getting shelled in game 4 and the inevitable Andersen muffin in 4 or 5?
A muffin or two and Leafs can still win. Campbell gets shelled and they have no chance. I'm not #TeamFreddy and I wouldn't play him tonight but I totally get not going to Campbell at this stage.

The data supports the decison but it also essentially ends the relationship with Freddy and the team if you dont go back to him with the series on the line

Which could be a good thing

The data supports the decison but it also essentially ends the relationship with Freddy and the team if you dont go back to him with the series on the line

Which could be a good thing
Yeah it's just straight ballsy and it opens himself up to crazy criticism if Campbell shits the bed.. .Which he is prone to doing. Let's not act like Campbell is prime Dominic Hasek. He can be downright catastrophic at times. He's very inconsistent.

But I'm with 101 mostly. They need to find a way of improving their d. Signing Muzzin was a must-do no brainer. Now they need Sandin and Liljegren to be real players. Because it doesn't look like Dermott is anything special and outside of Holl and Rielly it's a whole bunch of shit.

They need the kids to be good on the back-end, and they need to turn Dermott and one of the wingers (Kap, Jo, etc) into something good.

Said it before yesterday, saying it again. Get Barrie, Marincin, and Ceci out of the lineup. Tough to win when half your D is trash. There’s no chance they sit Barrie but at least put in Sandin for Marincin. And have the guts to drop Ceci for Lilly.

Its more the back to back thing than Freddy sucking for me.

What are goalies numbers in the second half of a back to back again? I think its pretty awful.
I thought I read something recently where nerds modified shit and it wasn't quite as bad as they suspected originally as the data set increased in recent years. But I can't seem to find it anymore so until then I'm assuming you're right.

But I'm with 101 mostly. They need to find a way of improving their d. Signing Muzzin was a must-do no brainer. Now they need Sandin and Liljegren to be real players. Because it doesn't look like Dermott is anything special and outside of Holl and Rielly it's a whole bunch of shit.

The problem with judging Dermott is that he's 23, which is still a puppy in defenceman years. Muzzin was in his rookie season at 23, for comparisons sake. The tools to be a real, real gud defender are pretty obviously there.

The problem with judging Dermott is that he's 23, which is still a puppy in defenceman years. Muzzin was in his rookie season at 23, for comparisons sake. The tools to be a real, real gud defender are pretty obviously there.
Yeah but by 23 most d are pretty established nowadays. It's a bit of a myth that d's primes are later than forwards. Not sure I love comparing him to an outlier in Muzzin.

I'm willing to be patient with him if there is no other option because of course it is possible that the annoying ditz with stupid fucking hair progresses into a great player later than the norm, but if they can find a team that can gives up real value for Dermott+ I think you do it.

Back