• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

GDT #4 - AUG 7, 8pm, SN - Not like this

Finding out that he's a MAGA guy made me sad tho
Meh. He doesn’t have to share your politics to call a stellar game, filled with excitement. It’s the major problem with the age of info. Makes it easier to see everyone’s warts. Still the best to listen to for a Leafs broadcast IMO

I just think being a MAGA is more than just politics. It's being a hateful, racist, white supremacist. Which is not something I'm personally like "oh np that's just your opinion" over. I would never associate with them in my personal life because I think they're bad human beings. In some cases theres a right and a wrong and this is one of them.

...but that's just my opinion. And you're right... he's just a dude that calls games. I dont need to be his friend.

Finding out that he's a MAGA guy made me sad tho
[/QUOTE

Yeah fuck him forever. I can forgive an early maga supporter who was blind and has now regretted such support even if being a shit human was his brand the whole time but if all this shit has happened and youre still maga, fuck you im out.

Yup credit to them. The whole situation is hilarious. No urgency whatsoever until it was too late. Except it wasn't somehow. You'll never see that shit again.

ya I mean we’ve seen it over and over wit this team but it usually ends up being too little too late.

it’s like theyre perpetually the rookie who still doesn’t really know what he’s capable of on the ice.

He's ruined a whole lotta leafs calls over the years. Its pretty embarrassing that their flagship guy for their flagship team won't ever be used as the historical record for these kinds of goals. Hell, even the NBC call was way better.

there was a really telling moment in game one when korpisalo made a big glove stop and a shift or two later Andersen responded with a real good stop of his own, and Simpson made a comment like “those big stops are a lot less exciting without crowds here”

there was a really telling moment in game one when korpisalo made a big glove stop and a shift or two later Andersen responded with a real good stop of his own, and Simpson made a comment like “those big stops are a lot less exciting without crowds here”

It was a few years ago, but I remember seeing that a researcher had actually done an analysis of HNIC broadcasts, measuring the pitch and tone of the announcers (Hughson and Simpson, mostly) and the takeaway was that there was a clear anti Leaf bias in the broadcast booth when similar events (goals, etc) were measured between Leafs & Opponent.

Basically confirming with scientific analysis what we all knew (but are made fun of for claiming).

It was a few years ago, but I remember seeing that a researcher had actually done an analysis of HNIC broadcasts, measuring the pitch and tone of the announcers (Hughson and Simpson, mostly) and the takeaway was that there was a clear anti Leaf bias in the broadcast booth when similar events (goals, etc) were measured between Leafs & Opponent.

Basically confirming with scientific analysis what we all knew (but are made fun of for claiming).
It’s not necessarily bias. I think they’re just fundamentally bad at what they do.

this has been a good series. Other than game two the games have been close with two huge comebacks. But these clowns are just drab as eff.

Lol yep without leafs fans chanting FREDDY FREDDY after routine saves he doesnt look quite as good.

After Fred's muffin last night, I found myself imagining a bronx cheer when Fred stopped a long bomb wide of the net shortly afterward.

Back