• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

GDT #40 - APR 7, 7:30 - a little more Schtroumpf

zeke

4th game in 6 nights is gonna make this tough, especially against a good possession team like the Habs.

Hopefully the 5 goals last night are a sign of an incoming offensive hot streak because our elite talent just going off would really make the next couple weeks of tough sledding a helluva lot easier.

Lines based on Habs' practice today....and there should be fresh updated GSVA numbers tommorrow:

Screenshot_20210406-122321_Sheets.jpg

LeafGm

I expect Staal to get on the board for this one. I’m still kind of irked the Habs got him for a pittance—both in terms of cap hit and assets given up.

I expect we’ll also see another strong game from Gally, though. Hopefully he gets on the board once or twice against his original team.

zeke

I expect Staal to get on the board for this one. I’m still kind of irked the Habs got him for a pittance—both in terms of cap hit and assets given up.

I expect we’ll also see another strong game from Gally, though. Hopefully he gets on the board once or twice against his original team.

staals always score on us so maybe - but really, staal at C is something i think we should be able to exploit. its like us playing spezza at 2C.

LeafOfFaith

I'm very curious to see what the Habs do with Tartar Sauce and Dan-o at the end of the year.

Neither of them has earned any kind of sizable extension. But does another team throw cash at them anyway, do they just take whatever Montreal offers because bergy loves giving out long term deals?

MindzEye

Wayward Ditch Pig
they're both gone

unless Montreal is rebuilding (they're not), they should probably try to bring back both on cheap, short term, "show me" deals.

You don't have internal replacements for either really (Caufield for Tatar maybe, but you're still short a top 9 winger by my count if Tatar walks). You can hit free agency if you want to, but if you want to throw UFA dollars at Lowry to be your 3C, and Saad or similar in your top 9...well, shit, have at it, but you'll probably get damn similar performance for cheaper out of the in house pair.