• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

GDT #40 - APR 7, 7:30 - a little more Schtroumpf

Watching the new size that the habs have in the line up now, I think my preference for a winger is leaning more towards Foligno.

And I would like some size on the back end with a Savard.

And of course a goalie.

Again, I really hope that small deal with cbj opened up the lines of communication for a Foligno Savard deal.

Grrrr...this is frustrating because I'd also like another centre like a Getzlaf and a goalie...
Ahhh it's too much. In Dubas I trust

About 5 weeks until the playoffs start. Hopefully that stretch after we swept Edmonton was the low point of the season and we keep building over the next few weeks.

Your take away watching the Habs wingers isn't how unskilled they are....it's that we need more of what they've got?
No..I just see how the games are called in the playoffs and I hate it when our skill is stifled by the shitty way size plays.
Crappy players like PLDB limited our talent and our goalie didn't help.

Just some grit that can fight through that is what I want on each line...
Hyman line 1
Foligno line 2
Getzlaf line 3
Simmons line 4

Credit to Brodie, he's been able to come into Toronto and actually play his game. His skating is what surprised me most.

He’s often in such a perfect position. Does exactly what you are taught by giving the goalie the shooter but doesn’t give them the space to come in for a deke. Almost always is able to take away the pass. It’s a thing of beauty.

Credit to Brodie, he's been able to come into Toronto and actually play his game. His skating is what surprised me most.

I’m completely baffled as to why he was apparently a polarizing player for Flames fans. There was even one Flames beat reporter who compared him to Jake Gardiner.

Now, I was a big fan of Gardiner in spite of the warts in his game...but I’m not sure I’ve ever seen a player less like Jake Gardiner than TJ Brodie.

Dude’s been such a stabilizing force and a steady-as-she-goes player for our top-4.

I’m completely baffled as to why he was apparently a polarizing player for Flames fans. There was even one Flames beat reporter who compared him to Jake Gardiner.

Now, I was a big fan of Gardiner in spite of the warts in his game...but I’m not sure I’ve ever seen a player less like Jake Gardiner than TJ Brodie.

Dude’s been such a stabilizing force and a steady-as-she-goes player for our top-4.

yeah, what's baffling to me was the good chunk of "Leaf fans will love his brainfarts" "he's no good without Giordano" etc etc opinions.

The truth is, Brodie as a Leaf rarely makes a mistake. From a defensive standpoint, he's been a staggering upgrade. A guy like this will never win the Norris because he isn't a point producer, but Brodie has been fantastic this year.

superb addition by Glasses.

tbf, we don’t know what he wanted to stay in Calgary or if he would have stayed at all

True. I’ve heard some claims that he was ready to move on. And that the fact that the Flames had shopped him and the Leafs had tried to trade for him made an impression. So maybe it wasn’t Calgary who made the choice to move on.

But good god, you still don’t go out and sign the Joffrey Lupul of defensemen to that contract at 31 years of age.

True. I’ve heard some claims that he was ready to move on. And that the fact that the Flames had shopped him and the Leafs had tried to trade for him made an impression. So maybe it wasn’t Calgary who made the choice to move on.

But good god, you still don’t go out and sign the Joffrey Lupul of defensemen to that contract at 31 years of age.
funny enough I'm pretty sure that Hanifin-Tanev have put up some really good numbers this year. agreed I wouldn't want to sink serious UFA dollars or term into Tanev given his health history though.

Back