• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

GDT #5 - AUG 9, 8pm, SN - What is he doing?

leaffan2005

Smells a little like Edmonton.

I'm still amazed that forward lineup couldn't score one?

Yeah this is not being processed enough.

A team full of $10+ million forwards got shutout twice in a 5 game series and scored 3 ES goals. It's worse than Edmonton at this point.

leaffan2005

A tiny bit of prestoluck and we were up 3-1 going into the third. It’s tough for me to say they didn’t come out to play today. Outshooting them 33-22, blanking them on the PP again.

Yeah, it was puck luck.

This is the acceptance I'm talking about. You still don't get it. Hopefully Dubas and Shanny don't share this backwards thinking.

Artnes

Yeah this is not being processed enough.

A team full of $10+ million forwards got shutout twice in a 5 game series and scored 3 ES goals. It's worse than Edmonton at this point.

You are educated and still dont understand sample sizes. I dont get it

BeLeafer

resurrected
I'll say this about Keefe. He decided to lean hard on his top guys. Had no other line that did anything. Bad read, call, whatever.

leaffan2005

You are educated and still dont understand sample sizes. I dont get it

Yeah, I understand it just fine. After a while sample sizes, puck luck, bad breaks, and monkey voodoo stop being my go-to excuses for why this team consistently underperforms.

But have at it. Maybe we can get another solid 3rd pair defender and a middling goalie to replace Andersen and the puck luck and sample sizes will hopefully be with us next year.

CTheBigPicture

Leafs Moderator
Staff member
Talking heads on NHL Network are blaming the losing culture in Toronto.

Does this team have a losing culture? We've been consistently amongst the better teams in the regular season and have taken opponents to the series ending game 7/5 multiple times. They just don't know how to win the big one, vs taking comfort in losing.

Hoss

I actually hope we win the lottery tomorrow and if we draft lafreniere,....I trade mucho Mitch, trade kappy, trade Freddy. Hopefully get some decent assets back and use the money saved from..the trades and no Ceci and sign pietrangelo....and get a bit more sandpaper on the wings and maybe even one bit of sandpaper for the bottom pairing...like a gudas
We need some size and grit

CTheBigPicture

Leafs Moderator
Staff member
I actually hope we win the lottery tomorrow and if we draft lafreniere,....I trade mucho Mitch, trade kappy, trade Freddy. Hopefully get some decent assets back and use the money saved from..the trades and no Ceci and sign pietrangelo....and get a bit more sandpaper on the wings and maybe even one bit of sandpaper for the bottom pairing...like a gudas
We need some size and grit
12.5 percent is quite significant. We have a good chance at the top prize. That'd be absolutely amazing.

leaffan2005

Does this team have a losing culture? We've been consistently amongst the better teams in the regular season and have taken opponents to the series ending game 7/5 multiple times. They just don't know how to win the big one, vs taking comfort in losing.

Yeah, that's all.