• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

GDT #5 - AUG 9, 8pm, SN - What is he doing?

The media's deep-throating of Freddy might help us a bit. Maybe teams still think he's somehow really good?

Oh, guaranteed that there are GM's out there who believe the narrative that we're one of the worst defensive teams in the league and that Freddy is an elite or fringe elite goalie who we over work.

#Leafs Frederik Andersen: Last 8 potential series clinching games

Record 0-8
GAA 3.49
SV% .877

This is a big enough sample size for me that will make me hugely disappointed if this gash is in nets for us next year.

This is a goalie with a career 215-94 record.
It's painfully obvious, big games are not his thing.

Your core all shit the bed in game 7`s

Oh, guaranteed that there are GM's out there who believe the narrative that we're one of the worst defensive teams in the league and that Freddy is an elite or fringe elite goalie who we over work.

Nah. GMs have assistants that watch all those muffin lowlights on twitter.

The new move seems to be tandem goalies. Fill the roster with 2 capable, affordable keepers, and ride the hot hand.

I don't have any concern that we would have trouble moving Freddy.

The only concern is who Dubas replaces him with. Campbell, Sparks, Hutchison and Neuvrith?

UFA's
Khudobin - .930
Lehner - .920
Talbot - .919
Markstrom - .918
Crawford - .917
Greiss - .913

Were all better than Freddy this season.

For trades, Pittsburgh might look to move Murray if we're looking at a reclamation project coming off of a down season.

Lehner looks like the guy to target. irrespective of playoff performance, .920 goaltending would deffo get us a better seed.

Thing is, with only one year left on his deal and there being other more obvious areas of concern (i.e., D), do you really expect them to ditch Freddy to gamble on a so-so guy to be better than him and maybe have to commit a few years to that guy? Or do you stick with Freddy for one more year unless you find a definite upgrade?

It’s one thing if we lost the series by being on the wrong end of 5-4 games throughout, but we kept their goals way down, and just couldn’t score any ourselves.

UFA's
Khudobin - .930
Lehner - .920
Talbot - .919
Markstrom - .918
Crawford - .917
Greiss - .913

Were all better than Freddy this season.

For trades, Pittsburgh might look to move Murray if we're looking at a reclamation project coming off of a down season.
Pretty simplistic analysis. Most werent full time starters.

it isn’t going to be easy to replace what Andersen has brought to the table.

they need to make a change imo but let’s not pretend that we can plug in any one of those guys for 55-65 games and that theyd maintain those numbers.

Fairness to Anderson, he did fairly well when the leafs weren't considered an elite team.

Maybe talk Buffalo, Detroit or Ottawa into a trade for Anderson.
What would be the fair value of Anderson in a trade?
I would love for the Leafs to take Anderson.

*except for Lehner, who has bipolar and is a recovering alcoholic and probably wouldn’t want to come here anyways.

they need to make a change imo but let’s not pretend that we can plug in any one of those guys for 55-65 games and that theyd maintain those numbers.
I think the idea is grabbing one of those guys and going with a platoon with Campbell. But who knows if Campbell is even capable of that.

I think the flaw is wanting to plug anyone in for 55-65 games. Tandem is the way to go imo.

Replacing 52 games of .909 goaltending (especially as ridiculously streaky as it was) is easier than replacing "what Andersen has brought to the table"

The risk in ditching Andersen for a flyer or a tandem is much higher than the risk of just running with Andersen.

If we’d simply scored some more, we’d have coasted through and would be pretty happy with the 2.00 and .940 or whatever it was he put up. Goaltending did not kill us this series, even though he gave up a few bad ones.

Goaltending was the main reason the Leafs were facing a tough team. Actual good goaltending might have bought them a top four slot and no play-in at all.

Back