• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

GDT #50 APR 29 7:30 - fukking nucks

zeke

The most annoying thing this year is our 3-3-1 record against this shita$$ team. When we have an overwhelming winning record against every other team.

Sure it's mostly been goalie effects on both ends but still....nowhere near good enough.

We best be winning both these last 2gms against them. 5-3-1 still not good enough but it'd at least palatable.

Using last night's lineups:

Screenshot_20210429-120659_Sheets.jpg

we've got such a cushy sked the rest of the way that we don't really need to rest much. i'm sure there will be a game off for guys here and there but nothing too serious.

Final Four seeding is based on regular season record after all.

But for the only back ti back - why even risk it. No need for 3 in 4 for the old men

and rest some dmen so we can see Lilli and harpur in fir a game or 2. Rather now vs playoffs for their first games with the big club

Alright Dave, we don't need you to be a hero - just get in front of the pucks and do your best to allow 2 or less.

Sandin up to a 58.8xgf% on the season now, tops on the D.

I think i've even notice him rubbing off on Dermott a bit - swear i saw dermott making some plays with the puck the last couple of games that he hasn't been doing much at all of the last year or two.

It's weird to have a season where there not only do I feel like there's not a defenseman I could complain about on the whole blueline but there's also a 21 year old who looks so good he's going to boot out a defenseman I have no complaints about.

Both skilled but not so similar imo. Rielly's all skating, sandin is all hands and brain.

I'll have to pay better attention - I feel like Sandin's skating is also a strength.

It's weird to have a season where there not only do I feel like there's not a defenseman I could complain about on the whole blueline but there's also a 21 year old who looks so good he's going to boot out a defenseman I have no complaints about.

And then there’s also Lillypad, who hasn’t even been able to get a sniff this year.

We’re quite a ways away from last year, when I only liked one of our three pairs, and Marty fucking Marincin was the first man up when one half of that only good pair went down against Columbus.

....and probably a better PP QB at this point

Eh, I think too much is being made of that. Rielly is as good as anyone I've ever seen (since the advent of the 4-1 PP set up) at keeping the puck in and still does nice work up top. Last night's PP goal doesn't happen without him freezing Allen with a shot fake before dishing to JT.

17th in PP P/60, which is off of his usual standard but still in line with other guys thought of as excellent PP QB's like Krug, Letang, Girard. 5th in xG on the PP, 3rd in HD chances.

Back