• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

GDT #52 MAY 3 7PM - French Defense

This going from the end of the Leaf game right into the Jays game and no Anthony Stewart insights is pretty glorious.

I don't know about probably but Habs definitely have better odds vs Edm.

Edmonton is kind of shit against teams that don't play in Ottawa.

Contain McDavid and you win in 6. As long as McDavid doesn't run wild, you win that series. They're not good.

Contain McDavid and you win in 6. As long as McDavid doesn't run wild, you win that series. They're not good.

The only team that Edmonton maybe beats in a playoff series is Winnipeg.

Montreal or the Leafs both beat them for sure.

I think this is true. And it looks like Montreal has actually been doing well at containing him so far this season relative to everyone else.

It had a good outcome tonight, but I don't think you'll ever convince me that's actually the right strategy. Could've quite easily ended twice.

Sure, but Toffoli also had a breakaway.

I think it's 100% the right strategy for the Habs. They can't roll out wave after wave of Auston, Marner, JT, Nylander. I'm sure Ducharme's strategy would be different if he had the Leafs' roster.

Sure, but Toffoli also had a breakaway.

I think it's 100% the right strategy for the Habs. They can't roll out wave after wave of Auston, Marner, JT, Nylander. I'm sure Ducharme's strategy would be different if he had the Leafs' roster.

I suppose that's fair - but quite glad to be on the opposite end of the spectrum.

It had a good outcome tonight, but I don't think you'll ever convince me that's actually the right strategy. Could've quite easily ended twice.
They’ve used it to win two OT in a row. Yes there are risks but considering they lost every OT prior? It’s a risk worth taking.

So when the Habs beat the Oilers... he stay??

Rb80c8b0088a48c58928ab5a2acace9b0

They’ve used it to win two OT in a row. Yes there are risks but considering they lost every OT prior? It’s a risk worth taking.

In fairness, they lost a bunch of OT games using the same strategy -- it's gotten better but it's still a crapshoot.

It's interesting how much better the execution is without the old leadership core of the Habs around. It's as though some of the vets are making it worse.

Essentially all of the vets are hurt. And this is the result.

apologizing was Jack's super power... Freddie got to him

Can't be suicidal after every bad goal.

Starting goalie almost has to have the mentality of a baseball closer. Be accountable to yourself and your team, hold yourself to a high standard but when you fuck up, you can't be afraid of the next shot on net.

If Jack starts blaming the team in front of him (as passive aggressive Fred often did), I'll get concerned.

Back