• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

GDT #59: TOR @ STL 8pm: O'Reilly's Curse

MindzEye

Wayward Ditch Pig
So what's his reason for not playing Matthews more than 16 minutes last night?

Especially on a night when Kadri went down early.

Good question, ask him. It's 100% not because he was putting long term injury management over trying to win last night's game. Matthews was used last night almost exactly how he's always used, there just wasn't any PP time to give out. That's Matthews normal 5 on 5 workload. So yeah, feel free to question why that wasn't elevated on a night where we were chasing the scoreboard for a big chunk of the night.

I called Schenn and Babcock, I totally blew it on Crosby. 2/3 on big calls is pretty good Wish it was 3/3. But we gotta fire this goof.

I think Matthews hates him. Just a suspicion.

Last edited:

MindzEye

Wayward Ditch Pig
and the Schenn call was still wrong.

Not as wrong as the Crosby call...or us missing the playoffs...or the Nylander signing causing us to miss the playoffs. But still wrong.

uncus

As wrong as many of you might believe teeds to be on the Matthew's dislike for babcock ..... I think he might have something there.
I just get the impression there is something wrong there also.
But then again I am seeing myself with a tennis racket and small calves.
The pain.

WellPlayed

As wrong as many of you might believe teeds to be on the Matthew's dislike for babcock ..... I think he might have something there.
I just get the impression there is something wrong there also.
But then again I am seeing myself with a tennis racket and small calves.
The pain.

What? There's been plenty of chatter around here about Matthews maybe not loving Babs. Alot of players aren't huge fans of their coaches, that isn't necessarily a problem.

They're talking about teeds predicting Matthews is done.

JackBurton

“I think, to be honest with you, Muzzin has changed our team,” said Babcock. “He’s got to get his wife here and get everything organized and all that, but I think he has really changed our team already just because we can have six people on the ice at any time on the back and feel real good.”

Nice Babs quote today. But he's using him as a #5 D.