• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

GDT #59: TOR @ STL 8pm: O'Reilly's Curse

Or maybe people here aren't as smart as they think they are and the lines as presently constructed have contributed to our recent success?

What exactly is Patrick Marleau doing to contribute to the success of the club these days?

I know you believe there is a 0% chance that Babs isn't as hockey savvy as yourself, but I think you are misguided. Remember when everybody was clammering for Matty and Marner to play together? In their limited time, they really haven't produced much.

That's well uhh...not true.

Leafs-f-chart-p60.png

Weird how data has a habit of making your points look silly eh?

Sometimes the "obvious" choices on paper are not the ones that work out in real life.

Or sometimes, sometimes, you don't have a ****ing clue and should be quiet?

What exactly is Patrick Marleau doing to contribute to the success of the club these days?

https://cdn.theathletic.com/app/uploads/2019/02/17185513/Leafs-f-chart-p60.png

Do you have the 5 on 5 data? Obviously the PP is a different story. Didn't think I needed to spell that out.

And to answer your question, it allows us to field an elite 3rd line in Johnsson - Kadri - Nylander.

Leafs-f-chart-p60.png

Mindz > Appealing to Authority

My apologies for breaking up the Babcock hate-fest, but elite Freddy has come to play tonight.

Should be down 3-4 right now.

Yup. Amazing how a team so skilled can get dominated so badly. It's almost like the coaching may be an issue.

Or maybe teams can at times look shitty during an 82 game schedule? Especially against a team who has made the entire league look silly for the past month.

I know everybody thinks that we are some fembot T-1000 roster that is merely getting held back by a terrible coach. That's why I apologized for breaking up the hate-fest. Please, continue.

Or maybe teams can at times look shitty during an 82 game schedule? Especially against a team who has made the entire league look silly for the past month.

I know everybody thinks that we are some fembot T-1000 roster that is merely getting held back by a terrible coach. That's why I apologized for breaking up the hate-fest. Please, continue.

I really don't understand how you can give the guy a free pass for his deployment. It's beyond obviously shambolic. Open your eyes. Do you think Babs has any weaknesses as a coach?

We've all pointed out the flaws in the teams' best players. They aren't perfect - no player is. But are you going to acknowledge any weakness of babcocks?

Leafs-f-chart-p60.png

Geez, Kadri has been shit

I really don't understand how you can give the guy a free pass for his deployment. It's beyond obviously shambolic. Open your eyes. Do you think Babs has any weaknesses as a coach?

I just don't subscribe to the fact that this roster has no holes and that the players hold no responsibility in how they play. I would be more accepting of the Babcock criticism if it wasn't so unilateral. Gets no credit when they win, gets all the blame when they lose. I don't agree with all of his lineup decisions but no coach will ever field a lineup that I will 100% agree with. I think coaching in general is pretty overrated in hockey (compared to the other major sports) and that in general players, talent, an luck tend to decide outcomes.

That is 5 on 5

You're not really in the position to be condescending. I mean, trying having a loose grasp of reality first before you attempt it.

and then play them 3rd line minutes. Genius stuff eh?

Yeah you're right. I think based on that chart we should be playing Marner with Goat and Nylander.

Geez, Kadri has been shit

Shit is a strong word. Ignore the colours there, 2.0 P/60 being a pink colour only makes sense in comparison to the elite shit going on in other areas of the lineup. If Kadri was averaging 1.8ish P/60 that would be about what we'd want from him. Basically everything other than his time with Lindholm and Hyman is generally acceptable there.

Back