• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

GDT #6 JAN 22 - FOOK NO MATTHEWS

Jeremy

Honestly great game by every single leaf.

Except the entire top line and top pair who were godawful. Then again, they did combine for the game winner, too.

109pt pace this year.

Mitch leads the league in scoring.
Not saying it’s definitely going to happen but around when drafted it was said Mitch had the talent to win an Art Ross.

Willy close to a 100 point pace himself.

Nice win without Papi.

Artnes

Ill give everyone a few more weeks to work out the kinks but Im surprised Mo hasnt been better with Brodie

He seemed to be the steady presence he needed

BeLeafer

resurrected
What activestick was tweeting about was that the media always picks apart Willy's mistakes and never does so with Mucho. Swoosh ... right over zei head.

mbow30

what is telling is that two coaches never trusted him for his own line, but nylander they do

That isn’t telling about anything. Is it also telling that two coaches have trusted Marner 20+ mpg and matched him
Against the other teams’ top lines, but nylander hasn’t been trusted on the wing for d zone face offs?

LeafOfFaith

I wonder how this game would’ve gone if we didn’t pay Marner so much. And how different it would’ve been if we paid him $1m less.

Preston

The Artist Formerly Known as Goldust
Yeah not a fan how Willy and marner are pinned against each other. A lot of people are black or white folks in all walks of life, whether it's sports, science, politics etc. If one player is good that must mean the other is bad! Best example of that in recent memory was the Sid vs ovy rivalry. A lot of horrible takes took place in that debate when the answer was always that they're both fucking great.

Personally I stopped caring about how people "treat" Nylander in the media. Who gives a ****.

mbow30

I think willy took some well deserved shit for his performance after signing, and Marner took some for how his team handled contract negotiations. That’s all in the last now but people have picked sides and dug in.

At the end of the day the leafs got great value for nylander and locked up one of the leagues elite producers in Marner for 7 years. Nothing to be upset or unhappy about.

Preston

The Artist Formerly Known as Goldust
I wonder how this game would’ve gone if we didn’t pay Marner so much. And how different it would’ve been if we paid him $1m less.
Honestly I think they would always be pinned against each other. It's natural human behavior for a good percentage of people to have aggressive black or white takes.

leafman101

It makes no sense.

the Leafs were without Matthews and still out gunned McDavid/Draisatil directly because of Marner/Willy.