• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

GDT: Avalanche @ Maple Leafs @ 7:00pm - Cup Final Preview

This is a feature, not a bug.

Hockey chat is boring compared to LOF Ted Talks

I knew none of you would understand, hence needing to type this out. You will be entertained, I think. Though you still may not understand.

Dirty isn't really about ingredients per se. It's about the presentation. That pile of oil and crap from Detroit that Mindz posted earlier is messy, greasy, and gross looking. I know it's also got calories galore, way more than what a NY style pizza will give you, because it's fried in a pan, so I have no interest in it, and I know it's worse than NY style, who cares how much worse, so why resort to some lesser choice? In terms of the look, take a peek at a beautiful NY margherita style slice. Clean, crisp, limited, minimalist - not a cornucopia of ingredients all fighting for dominance in the final outcome. The pan fried pizzas are dirty looking and dirty feeling since they're prepared with no regard for human life. Give me the cleanly prepared, clean looking food option every single time.

As for the entertaining part - I basically have the same view on girls. My taste is always a girl with a clean, crisp, just hopped out of a shower look. Someone who takes care of herself, and also hasn't vandalized her body with a bunch of tattoos, or is glued to a dog all day long who sleeps in her bed or has cat hairs all over her clothes. I also view a blonde, blue eyed, fair skinned girl as "cleaner" than someone with darker features - bright colors just look cleaner than dark. In my life, I can't recall going out on more than one date with a girl with brown eyes, just doesn't do it for me. But that's a secondary point, a bit tangential. When friends try to set me up, a lot of times, I'll pass on the opportunity because I'll look at them and be like, nah, not clean. Often it has nothing to do with tattoos, pets, or stuff like that - they just look like they don't tend to themselves well enough. And if I feel they don't look clean, I feel they actually aren't clean, and so the impression becomes the reality, and I'm immediately turned off.

When I was in London, I had a fair amount of down time because the client was sort of on an early schedule. The hotel I was at is basically the hot spot over there at the moment, very immersed in entertainment. The Ant Man cast was all staying there for the London premiere, then my group followed. Every night, they had some event at the hotel, where Lionsgate was having a party, or some other studio. It was great. And the hotel bar and restaurant was always buzzing, filled with non-hotel guests just because it's a happening spot. I actually met this super cute Irish girl there early on in the trip, she was just fantastic. As soon as I saw her, I was into it - a clean girl, and also with the light features I like. We went out a bunch while I was there. Also this other one I met, this Polish girl who is a rising star in investment banking - great, clean, awesome girl. Same light features. My friends here love the "clean" requirement, which they can barely comprehend, but they can't get enough of the dating stories, the likes and dislikes. But holy shit did I love London this time, and in large part because what a stark contrast to the dirty, shitty girls of LA, who are completely worthless. There's still decency and class over there, whereas it's all but dead over here, unfortunately. I'm semi considering spending a couple of months over there, just for the dating scene, but it would be so incredibly difficult keeping up with the practice here given the 8 hour time difference.

So, bottom line - clean >>>>>. In everything - girls, food, home, everything. Why do I like the Harvey's chicken? It's pristine - just a nice clean cut of chicken, fresh ingredients, not drowning in spice or sauce. Perfect. Is the BK chicken some sort of health food hack? Not exactly, but it's very clean, even if it ain't exactly good for you. But aside from fast food, I will always take the minimalist dish, which has all of its elements nice and visible, know everything you're eating, not all mixed and mushed together or piled into some living oil creature. Steaks with zero fat (so filet is my go to), chicken breast with no slimy film that comes with the dark meat, no fatty pig dishes or dirty swimming cockroaches, pizza with a nice clear mozzarella and just one or two vegetable toppings.

Good, clean fun at all times. There you have it.
After all that, I still feel proud to say that I love a once a year pizza hut pizza. That doesn't stop me from making my own margherita in my pizza oven

Not sure I can forgive you for speaking Schenn into a reality for us, but a professed love of pizza hut is not helping matters.

After all that, I still feel proud to say that I love a once a year pizza hut pizza. That doesn't stop me from making my own margherita in my pizza oven
yeah i don't really get the Pizza Hut hate. i rarely have it but it's much much better than the bottom of the list options like Pizza Pizza or Little Caesars.

The only pizza hate should be for Pizza Pizza as they do nothing well... the product is better in stadium some how.

Little Caesars is what it is... a $7 carry out and as disgusting as the crazy bread is, it is also fucking magical.

Pizza Hut is pretty good, the best of the franchise’s IMHO. They have online specials for every day of the week — $11 for a medium, $14 for a large. If I could find a good Mama and Papa place, I’d be happy though.

yeah i don't really get the Pizza Hut hate. i rarely have it but it's much much better than the bottom of the list options like Pizza Pizza or Little Caesars.

So the Pizza hut in my town moved from their old style sit in restaurant (with the buffet, anyone remember those?), to a smaller, almost pizza hut express type. It has about 3 tables inside and that's it. The food quality is absolutely terrible. Once, I ordered pizza and wings and it was at my door in 12 minutes flat. Had food poisoning 2 of the last 3 times I ordered from them. One of the grossest things is you get to see them throw the spray can imitation butter on the crust right in front of you if you go in to order.

TLDR: Maybe you still have a good pizza hut, but their quality has moved them to the absolute bottom of the pizza barrel.

First time you get food poisoning from your local PHut, shame on them

The 2nd (and the next) time, shame on you.

Seriously, I would call them or better yet, call the local restaurant inspection bureau (or whatever)

Life is hard enough without food poisoning

First time you get food poisoning from your local PHut, shame on them

The 2nd (and the next) time, shame on you.

Seriously, I would call them or better yet, call the local restaurant inspection bureau (or whatever)

Life is hard enough without food poisoning
I am hoping that it went : food poisoning, not food poisoning, food poisoning... because if it went poisoning, poisoning, then went for the 3peat, i judge their choices.

that is fair, but if I hear that a guy got food poisoning at a Kelsey's in Boise, Idaho in 2010, it doesn't make much sense to say i will never eat at a Kelsey's ever again

that is fair, but if I hear that a guy got food poisoning at a Kelsey's in Boise, Idaho in 2010, it doesn't make much sense to say i will never eat at a Kelsey's ever again

too bad for that guy...but I am talking about if something happened to me directly

though to be fair, a work colleague once encountered mouse poo in his "Hero" Burger. I never frequented that location again, (and no other location because they are one of the few places that can success in making a burger boring)

too bad for that guy...but I am talking about if something happened to me directly

though to be fair, a work colleague once encountered mouse poo in his "Hero" Burger. I never frequented that location again, (and no other location because they are one of the few places that can success in making a burger boring)
How did he correctly diagnose it as mouse poo?

Back